Trae Young leads the Atlanta Hawks (3-1) into a matchup with the Brooklyn Nets (3-2) after scoring 30 points in a 145-141 loss to the Nets. The Nets are favorites in the matchup on Friday, January 1, 2021, which starts at 7:30 PM ET on YES. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hawks Betting Odds
Nets vs Hawks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Nets: Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee), Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
Hawks: Danilo Gallinari: Day To Day (Ankle), Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Foot), Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle), Trae Young: Day To Day (Right calf), De’Andre Hunter: Day To Day (Right knee), Tony Snell: Out (Foot)
Nets and Hawks Records ATS
- Brooklyn was an even 38-38 against the spread last season.
- The Nets had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 7 points, going 2-3 last season.
- 38 of 76 Brooklyn games last season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 29-35-2 record ATS, Atlanta did not always covered the spread last season.
- 38 of Atlanta’s 66 games (57.6%) last season went over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Nets defeated the Hawks 145-141 in the last meeting between the teams on Wednesday. Kevin Durant scored 33 points to pace the Nets, and Young scored 30 points for the Hawks. The Hawks covered the spread as 6-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 286 total points to finish over on the 239-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/30/2020||Nets||Nets||-6||239||-232||190||Regular Season||145-141 BKN|
|2/28/2020||Nets||Hawks||-3||236.5||-149||124||Regular Season||141-118 ATL*|
|1/12/2020||Nets||Nets||-9||226.5||-445||348||Regular Season||108-86 BKN*|
|12/21/2019||Nets||Nets||-7.5||232||-337||267||Regular Season||122-112 BKN*|
|12/4/2019||Nets||Hawks||-3||227.5||-155||131||Regular Season||130-118 BKN*|
|3/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-112 BKN|
|1/9/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-100 BKN|
|12/16/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||144-127 BKN|
|1/12/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-105 BKN|
|12/4/2017||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-90 BKN|
- 2/28/2020 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 1/12/2020 DNP – Hawks: Trae Young, Jabari Parker
- 12/21/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert; Hawks: John Collins
- 12/4/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert; Hawks: John Collins, De’Andre Hunter
- Brooklyn’s games last season went over the point total for Friday’s matchup over/under (246 points) in 18.4% of opportunities (14 out of 76 matchups).
- In 18 out of Atlanta’s 67 games last season (26.9%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the over/under in Friday’s matchup.
- On average, the over/under in Nets games last season was 21.5 points fewer than the over/under of 246 points in this contest.
- Hawks’ games have an over/under of 231.5 points last season, 14.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Nets had an average implied point total of 114.6 last season, which is 12.4 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (127).
- Brooklyn scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (127) nine times last season.
- The Hawks’ average implied point total last season (117.3 points) is 2.7 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (120 points).
- Atlanta scored more than 120 points in 18 games last season.
- Last season, the Nets were at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.5 PPG), while the Hawks allowed the most points per game (119.7) in the league.
- The Nets had a negative point differential on the season (-123 total points, -1.6 per game), as did the Hawks (-534 total points, -7.9 per game).
- The Nets points and assists leader is Caris LeVert. He racks up 15.6 points per game and contributes 6.2 assists.
- LeVert’s points prop total for the game is set at 17.5, 1.9 points greater than his season average of 15.6.
- Brooklyn is led in rebounds by Jarrett Allen’s 12.0 per game.
- Allen’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 18.5, 4.3 lower than his season average of 22.8.
- Joe Harris is the top three-point shooter for the Nets, connecting on 3.0 per game.
- Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- LeVert leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. DeAndre Jordan collects 1.8 blocks an outing to pace Brooklyn.
- Jordan’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- Young scored 29.6 points per game last season while tacking on 9.3 assists.
- Clint Capela grabbed 13.8 rebounds per game.
- Kris Dunn nicked 2.0 steals per game. Capela collected 1.8 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from