The Brooklyn Nets (1-0) are just 1-point favorites on Christmas Day when they visit the Boston Celtics (1-0), tipping at 5:00 PM at TD Garden ET on ABC.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 5:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Celtics Betting Odds
Nets vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 24
Nets: Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee)
Celtics: Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist), Tacko Fall: Out (Eye), Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Nets and Celtics Records ATS
- Brooklyn was an even 38-38 against the spread last season.
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Nets were 16-18 against the spread in 2019-20.
- Brooklyn and its opponents went over the set over/under in 38 of 76 games last season (50%).
- With a 50-34-5 record ATS last season, Boston outperformed expectations ATS last season.
- The Celtics attained a 33-27-4 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 1-point underdog.
- Boston covered the total points bet in 44 games last season, 50% of the 89 games they have played last season.
Head to Head
Jaylen Brown (21 points) led the Celtics over Jeremiah Martin (20 points) and the Nets 149-115 in their last matchup on Wednesday. The Celtics were favored by 9 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 264 total points in the matchup went over the 223.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/5/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-9||223.5||-430||337||Regular Season||149-115 BOS*|
|3/3/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-6.5||219||-277||223||Regular Season||129-120 BKN*|
|11/29/2019||Celtics||Nets||-4.5||213||-205||170||Regular Season||112-107 BKN*|
|11/27/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-8.5||213.5||-387||295||Regular Season||121-110 BOS*|
|3/30/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-96 BKN|
|1/28/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-104 BOS|
|1/14/2019||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-102 BKN|
|1/7/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-95 BOS|
|4/11/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-97 BOS|
|1/6/2018||–||Nets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||87-85 BOS|
- 8/5/2020 DNP – Celtics: Kemba Walker
- 3/3/2020 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving; Celtics: Jayson Tatum
- 11/29/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert, Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 11/27/2019 DNP – Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert, Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- Last season, the Nets were the NBA’s 16th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Celtics allowed their opponents the second-fewest points per game (106.8) in the league.
- The Nets had a negative point differential last season (-123 total points, -1.6 per game), while the Celtics scored 539 more points than their opponents (six per game).
- Kyrie Irving put up 27.4 points per game last season.
- DeAndre Jordan grabbed 10.0 rebounds per game and Spencer Dinwiddie averaged 6.8 assists per game .
- Irving nicked 1.4 steals per game. Jarrett Allen collected 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Jayson Tatum averaged 23.4 points per game last season.
- Tristan Thompson grabbed 10.1 rebounds per game and Jeff Teague averaged 6.1 assists per game .
- Marcus Smart swiped 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Theis collected 1.3 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from