Collin Sexton leads the Cleveland Cavaliers (7-7) against the Brooklyn Nets (9-7) after putting up 42 points in a 147-135 win over the Nets. The Nets are favorites in the matchup on Friday, January 22, which starts at 7:30 PM ET on FS-OH. The matchup’s over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 21, 2021, 3:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Nets vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 21
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
Darius Garland: Day To Day (Right Shoulder),
Dylan Windler: Out (Wrist),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
Nets and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Brooklyn has compiled a 9-7 record against the spread this season.
- Brooklyn and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 100% of its games this season (16/16).
- Cleveland has regularly covered the spread this season with a record of 7-6.
- 0% of Cleveland’s 14 games this season have fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
Sexton scored a team-high 42 points to lead the Cavaliers over Kevin Durant (38 points) and the Nets 147-135 in their last matchup on January 20. The Nets were favored by 10.5 points in the game, but the Cavaliers covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 282 total points to go over the 227-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2021||Nets||Cavaliers||-10.5||227||-589||426||Regular Season||147-135 CLE*|
- 1/20/2021 DNP –
Cavaliers: Darius Garland
- In three out of Cleveland’s 14 games this season (21.4%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the total in Friday’s matchup.
- On average, the Nets have seen a 236.1 over/under in their games this season, 9.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 18 points separates this game’s over/under (227 points) and the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (209 points) this season.
- The Nets have an average implied point total of 29.9 this season, which is 88.1 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (118).
- Brooklyn has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (118) 23 times this season.
- The 28-point average implied total on the season for the Cavaliers is 81 fewer points than the team’s 109-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cleveland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 109 points four times this season.
- The Nets are the NBA’s third-highest scoring team (120.2 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow their opponents the fourth-fewest points per game (106.1) in the league.
- The Nets have totaled a total of 71 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.4 per game), while the Cavaliers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 46 total points, -3.2 per game).
- Durant leads the Nets in scoring (31.3 points per game) and rebounding (7.5 rebounds per game).
- Durant’s rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 6.5 boards, one rebound less than his season average of 7.5.
- Brooklyn’s assists leader is James Harden, who racks up 11 per game.
- Harden’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 42.5, 0.7 less than his season average of 43.2.
- The Nets are led by Kyrie Irving from beyond the arc. He hits 3.6 shots from deep per game.
- Irving’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 1.1 shots less than his season average of 3.6.
- Brooklyn’s blocks leader is DeAndre Jordan, who averages 1.3 per game. Irving leads the team averaging 1.5 steals a game.
- Irving’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Sexton outpaced his teammates on the Cavaliers scoring front by putting up 27 points per game. He adds 2.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game this season.
- Sexton’s points prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 5.5 points lower than his season average of 27.
- Andre Drummond (15.2 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (6.3 assists per game) are the Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Garland’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 8.3 lower than his season average of 26.8.
- Garland is tops from three-point range for the Cavaliers, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- Garland’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, one shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Cleveland’s Larry Nance Jr. has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 2.5 per game and Jarrett Allen is first in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Allen’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from