The Brooklyn Nets (33-15) host the Charlotte Hornets (24-22) after winning six straight home games. The Nets are favored by in the contest, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, April 1. The matchup’s point total is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 11:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Nets vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 1
Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring),
James Harden: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Landry Shamet: Day To Day (Ankle)
Malik Monk: Day To Day (Foot),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
Nets and Hornets Records ATS
- Brooklyn’s record against the spread is 23-25 this season.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Nets are 11-20 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 29 of 48 Brooklyn games this season (60.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte has regularly covered the spread this season with a record of 25-20.
- When they play as at least a 3-point underdog, the Hornets often meet expectations with a 5-4 record against the spread.
- 22 of Charlotte’s 45 games (48.9%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
The Hornets knocked off the Nets 106-104 in the last meeting between the teams on December 27, 2020. Gordon Hayward scored 28 points to lead the Hornets, and Kevin Durant scored 29 points for the Nets. The Hornets covered the spread as 11.5-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 233.5-point over/under after combining to score 210.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/27/2020||Nets||Hornets||-11.5||233.5||-726||503||Regular Season||106-104 CHA|
- Brooklyn and its opponents have hit the over on Thursday’s 224.5 total in 33 out of 48 games (68.8%) this season.
- 21 Charlotte games this year (45.7% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Thursday’s over/under of 224.5 points.
- This season, the average total for Nets games is 233.9 points, 9.4 more than the over/under of 224.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.7 points more than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (223.8 points).
- The Nets have an average implied point total of 119.3 this season, which is 5.3 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (114).
- Brooklyn has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (114) 30 times.
- The 115.2-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 4.2 more points than the team’s 111-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has totaled more than 111 points in 23 games on the season.
- The Nets are the league’s highest-scoring team (119.1 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 17th-fewest points per game (112.1) in NBA action.
- The Nets have scored a total of 208 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.3 per game), while the Hornets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 21 total points, -0.4 per game).
- The Nets rebounds and assists leader is James Harden. He averages 8.2 rebounds and adds 11.1 assists per game.
- Harden’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 9.5 rebounds, 1.3 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.2.
- Brooklyn is led in scoring by Durant’s 29.0 points per game.
- Durant’s points prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 1.5 points higher than his season average of 29.0.
- Joe Harris hits 3.3 threes per game to lead the Nets.
- Harris’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots less than his season average of 3.3.
- Harden leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Nicolas Claxton collects 1.5 blocks a game to pace Brooklyn.
- Harden’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Terry Rozier with 20.7 points per game. He also adds 4.0 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Rozier’s PRA prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 29.5, 1.4 higher than his season average of 28.1.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Cody Zeller with 7.1 rebounds per game and LaMelo Ball with 6.1 assists per game.
- Zeller’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 8.5, 9.7 less than his season average of 18.2.
- Rozier makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, cashing in 3.4 treys per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than Ball (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than P.J. Washington (1.3 per game).
- Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from