The Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-2) play the Southern Jaguars (1-3) on Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cornhuskers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Jaguars ( ).
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of November 21, 2021 at 3:59 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Nebraska vs Southern Betting Odds
Nebraska Offense Vs. Southern Defense (From 2020-21)
|Nebraska Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Defense|
|68.7 (242)||Points/Gm||70.3 (179)|
|72.2 (55)||Possessions/Game||73.8 (319)|
|41.5 (288)||Field Goal %||41.9 (87)|
|33.1 (202)||3PT %||33 (130)|
|48.6 (246)||Effective FG %||47.1 (53)|
|51.4 (275)||True Shooting %||51.3 (70)|
Southern Offense vs. Nebraska Defense (From 2020-21)
|Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Nebraska Defense|
|69.8 (215)||Points/Gm||75 (286)|
|71.9 (68)||Possessions/Game||72.7 (297)|
|43.2 (220)||Field Goal %||42.2 (108)|
|32.3 (244)||3PT %||31.2 (52)|
|48 (273)||Effective FG %||49.4 (160)|
|52.3 (235)||True Shooting %||52.6 (144)|
Nebraska Betting Insights
- Nebraska covered 12 times in 25 chances against the spread last season.
- Last season, 10 of Nebraska’s games went over the point total.
- In 12 of 25 games last season, Nebraska and its opponents combined to total more than 145 points.
- The Cornhuskers had an average point total of 145.1 in their outings last season, 0.1 more points than the over/under for this game.
Southern Betting Insights
- Southern won seven games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 10 times.
- The Jaguars won their only game last year when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs.
- Southern and its opponents combined to go over the point total nine out of 17 times last year.
- Southern played four games last season that ended with a combined score over 145 points.
- The average over/under for Jaguars outings last year was 137.8, 7.2 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Nebraska Key Players
- Dalano Banton pulled down 5.9 rebounds and added 3.8 assists per game last season.
- Teddy Allen was good for 16.6 points per game.
- Allen was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down two per game.
- Trey McGowens grabbed 1.3 steals per game. Banton averaged 0.8 blocks an outing.
Southern Key Players
- Samkelo Cele put up 11.7 points per game last season.
- Harrison Henderson collected 6.3 rebounds per game and Jayden Saddler dished out 5.3 assists per outing.
- Cele hit 1.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Cele averaged 1.7 steals per game. Henderson collected 0.4 blocks a game.