The No. 25 NC State Wolf Pack (7-3, 4-2 ACC) take the 17th-ranked passing attack in college football into a matchup with the Syracuse Orange (5-5, 2-4 ACC), who have the No. 25 passing defense. The Orange (on the moneyline to win) and the Wolf Pack ( ) kick off the action on November 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. Oddsmakers have listed the game’s total at .
Before placing a bet on this game, take a look at this article where we give you the best available odds and dig into everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, stats, trends and more.
The betting trends in what follows use the latest odds as of November 20, 2021 at 4:04 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
NC State Vs. Syracuse Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
NC State Offense Vs. Syracuse Defense
|Wolf Pack Offense||Stats (Rank)||Orange Defense|
|32.2 (42)||Points/Gm||24.4 (57)|
|422.4 (48)||Yards/Gm||323.3 (27)|
|291.1 (17)||Pass Yards/Gm||193.9 (25)|
|131.3 (93)||Rush Yards/Gm||129.4 (40)|
|7.5 (69)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (44)|
|4.2 (71)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (23)|
|41.1% (59)||3rd Down %||36.2% (40)|
|8 (33)||Turnovers||5 (117)|
|4 (22)||Sacks||16 (5)|
Syracuse Offense Vs. NC State Defense
|Syracuse Offense||Stats (Rank)||NC State Defense|
|26.8 (76)||Points/Gm||18.9 (13)|
|392.3 (67)||Yards/Gm||329.9 (28)|
|155.3 (120)||Pass Yards/Gm||227.8 (68)|
|237.0 (4)||Rush Yards/Gm||102.1 (14)|
|6.4 (107)||Yards/Pass||6.2 (12)|
|5.6 (6)||Yards/Rush||3.2 (12)|
|33.8% (111)||3rd Down %||29.9% (7)|
|6 (15)||Turnovers||13 (15)|
|4 (22)||Sacks||3 (118)|
When NC State Has The Ball
- The Wolf Pack offense is 33rd-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (8), and are playing the 117th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Orange (5).
- NC State’s 131.3 rushing yards per game is good for 93rd in the FBS. Syracuse’s defense allows 129.4 on the ground (40th in college football).
- The Wolf Pack average 4.2 yards per carry (71st in college football) compared to the 3.5 per rushing attempt the Orange allow (23rd in the FBS).
- NC State’s offense averages 7.5 yards per pass attempt (69th in the FBS). Syracuse’s defense allows 7.0 yards per passing play (44th in college football).
When Syracuse Has The Ball
- The Orange have a 33.8% third-down conversion rate, 111th in the FBS. The Wolf Pack allow third-down conversions on 29.9% of their opponents’ attempts (seventh).
- Syracuse is 22nd-best in college football in sacks conceded (four), and is facing the defense with the 10th-fewest, NC State’s (three).
- The Orange’s offense averages 6.4 yards per pass attempt (107th in the FBS). The Wolf Pack’s defense allows 6.2 yards per passing play (12th in college football).
- Syracuse’s offense is 76th in the FBS at 26.8 points per game. It will be facing NC State’s defense which gives up 18.9 per game (13th in college football).
NC State Betting Trends And Insights
- NC State has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover four times.
- The Wolf Pack have covered the spread twice when favored by 11 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- NC State and its opponents have combined to go over the point total five out of 10 times this season.
- In four of 10 games this season, NC State and its opponents have combined to total more than 50 points.
- The Wolf Pack are 6-2 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
Syracuse Betting Trends And Insights
- Syracuse has won eight games against the spread this year, while failing to cover twice.
- The Orange have won their only game this year when playing as at least 11-point underdogs.
- So far this season, four out of Syracuse’s 10 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- Syracuse has combined with its opponents to score more than 50 points in four of 10 games this season.
- The Orange have won two of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
NC State Players To Watch
- This season, Devin Leary has recorded 2,883 passing yards (288.3 yards per game) while connecting on 247 of 377 passes (65.5% completion percentage), with 29 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Zonovan Knight has 123 carries for a team-high 647 rushing yards (64.7 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Ricky Person Jr. has run for 523 yards on 112 carries (52.3 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground this year. He also has 26 catches for 213 yards (21.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Emeka Emezie has 54 receptions for a team-high 683 receiving yards (68.3 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has contributed with 30 catches for 498 yards and six touchdowns this year. He puts up 55.3 receiving yards per game.
- Thayer Thomas has racked up 468 yards on 43 receptions with six touchdowns, averaging 46.8 yards per game.
Syracuse Players To Watch
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 1,165 yards while completing 51.6% of his passes (98-of-190), with seven touchdowns and three interceptions this year (116.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 140 times for 713 yards and 13 touchdowns, averaging 71.3 yards per game.
- Sean Tucker has run for a team-leading 1,362 yards on 220 attempts (136.2 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns. He also averages 23.9 receiving yards per game, grabbing 17 passes for 239 yards and two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson has reeled in 29 passes for a team-best 297 yards while scoring one touchdown. He averages 29.7 yards per game.
- This season Damien Alford has caught 11 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 28.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from