The Virginia Tech Hokies (19-13, 8-12 ACC) aim to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the NC State Wolf Pack (22-9, 12-8 ACC) at 9:30 PM ET on Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at Greensboro Coliseum. The contest airs on ESPN2. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Wolf Pack’s (to win on the moneyline) game with the Hokies ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reflect odds as of March 8, 2023 at 9:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
NC State vs Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
NC State Offense Vs. Virginia Tech Defense
|NC State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Virginia Tech Defense|
|78.4 (37)||Points/Gm||68.9 (143)|
|31.0 (281)||Possessions/Game||34.9 (265)|
|45.0 (166)||Field Goal %||44.1 (181)|
|34.9 (144)||3PT %||33.6 (161)|
|51.6 (156)||Effective FG %||50.1 (166)|
|54.7 (170)||True Shooting %||52.3 (85)|
Virginia Tech Offense Vs. NC State Defense
|Virginia Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||NC State Defense|
|74.1 (123)||Points/Gm||70.3 (186)|
|34.9 (97)||Possessions/Game||31.0 (78)|
|47.0 (47)||Field Goal %||44.1 (181)|
|36.2 (74)||3PT %||31.4 (48)|
|54.2 (41)||Effective FG %||49.3 (120)|
|57.0 (62)||True Shooting %||53.6 (129)|
Best Betting Sites For NC State vs Virginia Tech
UP TO $1,250 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $200
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
UP TO $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ get 1,000 Caesars Reward Credits
+ also get 1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: BETODDSFULL
NC State Betting Insights
- NC State has compiled a 15-14-2 ATS record so far this year.
- The Wolf Pack have an ATS record of 8-9-2 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites this season.
- NC State’s games have gone over the point total 14 out of 31 times this season.
- Wolf Pack games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 146 points 17 times.
- The average point total in NC State’s contests this year is 148.6, 2.6 more points than this game’s over/under.
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech has covered 13 times in 32 chances against the spread this year.
- The Hokies have not covered the spread this year (0-3 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- So far this year, 18 out of Virginia Tech’s 32 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Hokies have played 17 games this season that have had more than 146 combined points scored.
- The average total for Virginia Tech’s games this season is 143.0 points, 3.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
NC State Key Players
- Jarkel Joiner leads the Wolf Pack in scoring, averaging 17.3 points per game.
- D.J. Burns paces NC State with 5.0 rebounds a game and Terquavion Smith leads the squad with 4.4 assists per contest.
- The Wolf Pack are led by Smith from beyond the arc. He knocks down 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- Smith leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Burns collects 0.9 blocks an outing to pace NC State.
Virginia Tech Key Players
- Justyn Mutts is number one on the Hokies leaderboard in both rebounds (7.5 per game) and assists (4.7 per game).
- Grant Basile holds the title of Virginia Tech’s top scorer by putting up 16.6 points per game.
- Hunter Cattoor is tops from three-point range for the Hokies, hitting 2.6 treys per game.
- Mutts tops Virginia Tech in steals with 1.5 per game, and Basile leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.