The Murray State Racers (2-0) take on the Illinois State Redbirds (1-1) on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Racers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Redbirds ( ).
This article references betting data current as of November 16, 2021 at 7:59 PM ET. See all the latest odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Murray State vs Illinois State Betting Odds
Murray State Offense Vs. Illinois State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Murray State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Illinois State Defense|
|76.4 (58)||Points/Gm||74 (272)|
|68.8 (184)||Possessions/Game||70.3 (220)|
|49.8 (6)||Field Goal %||44.6 (229)|
|36.8 (46)||3PT %||30.9 (40)|
|56.7 (7)||Effective FG %||51.1 (237)|
|58.7 (19)||True Shooting %||54.1 (224)|
Illinois State Offense vs. Murray State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Illinois State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Murray State Defense|
|72.2 (141)||Points/Gm||66.9 (77)|
|70.7 (105)||Possessions/Game||68.1 (132)|
|46.3 (62)||Field Goal %||41.9 (87)|
|34.2 (151)||3PT %||31.9 (76)|
|52.9 (70)||Effective FG %||48.4 (103)|
|55 (116)||True Shooting %||51.9 (99)|
Murray State Betting Insights
- Murray State covered 11 times in 25 chances against the spread last season.
- The Racers had an ATS record of 8-8 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites last season.
- A total of 11 of Murray State’s games last season went over the point total.
- Murray State and its opponents went over 138 combined points in 14 of 25 games last season.
- Racers contests last season had an average total of 139.3, 1.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
Illinois State Betting Insights
- Illinois State covered 11 times in 26 chances against the spread last year.
- The Redbirds had an ATS record of 8-4 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs last year.
- A total of 12 of Illinois State’s games last season hit the over.
- Illinois State combined with its opponent to score more than 138 points in 15 of 26 games last season.
- The Redbirds had a 140.8-point average over/under in their matchups last year, 2.8 more points than the point total for this game.
Murray State Key Players
- K.J. Williams contributed 15.6 points per game last season while tacking on 8.5 rebounds.
- Tevin Brown collected 4.3 assists per game.
- Brown had a strong showing from long distance a season ago. He connected on 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Brown grabbed 1.4 steals per game. Demond Robin averaged one block an outing.
Illinois State Key Players
- DJ Horne scored 15.3 points per game and dished out 2.8 assists per outing last season.
- Dusan Mahorcic grabed 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Horne had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He knocked down 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- Horne averaged 1.5 steals per game. Abdou Ndiaye collected 1.4 blocks a game.