The Canisius Golden Griffins (10-19, 8-12 MAAC) will look to extend a three-game win streak when they hit the road to play the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (12-19, 8-12 MAAC) on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at Boardwalk Hall. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mountaineers’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Golden Griffins ( ).
The betting insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of March 7, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000 With FanDuel Sportsbook’s Sign-Up Bonus
Mount St. Mary’s vs Canisius Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Mount St. Mary’s Offense Vs. Canisius Defense
|Mount St. Mary’s Offense||Stats (Rank)||Canisius Defense|
|63.9 (340)||Points/Gm||72.5 (249)|
|32.9 (195)||Possessions/Game||33.0 (171)|
|42.4 (298)||Field Goal %||47.2 (331)|
|35.8 (91)||3PT %||36.4 (311)|
|48.5 (301)||Effective FG %||52.9 (304)|
|52.2 (274)||True Shooting %||57.0 (287)|
Canisius Offense Vs. Mount St. Mary’s Defense
|Canisius Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mount St. Mary’s Defense|
|70.5 (204)||Points/Gm||66.8 (83)|
|33.0 (187)||Possessions/Game||32.9 (167)|
|42.6 (294)||Field Goal %||43.4 (139)|
|35.0 (143)||3PT %||33.9 (180)|
|49.7 (248)||Effective FG %||49.5 (130)|
|52.8 (253)||True Shooting %||53.4 (122)|
Best Betting Sites For Mount St. Mary’s vs Canisius
UP TO $1,250 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $200
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
UP TO $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ get 1,000 Caesars Reward Credits
+ also get 1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: BETODDSFULL
Mount St. Mary’s Betting Insights
- Mount St. Mary’s has put together a 12-17-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers have covered the spread twice when favored by 1.5 points or more this season (in eight opportunities).
- Mount St. Mary’s and its opponents have combined to hit the over 16 out of 30 times this season.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have gone over 136 combined points in 10 of 30 games this season.
- Mount St. Mary’s games this season have had an average of 130.7 points, 5.3 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Canisius Betting Insights
- Canisius has compiled a 16-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Golden Griffins have covered the spread 12 times this year (12-8 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- So far this year, 16 out of Canisius’ 28 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Golden Griffins have played 18 games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 136 points.
- Canisius’ average game total this season has been 143.0, 7.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Mount St. Mary’s Key Players
- Jalen Benjamin leads the Mountaineers in points and assists. He averages 15.8 points per game while also adding 3.8 assists.
- Mount St. Mary’s rebounding leader is Malik Jefferson, who pulls down 7.2 per game.
- Dakota Leffew is the top three-point shooter for the Mountaineers, hitting 2.3 per game.
- Mount St. Mary’s blocks leader is Jefferson, who collects 0.6 per game. Leffew leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a game.
Canisius Key Players
- The Golden Griffins leader in scoring is Jordan Henderson with 13.8 points per game. He also adds 3.0 rebounds per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- The Canisius leaders in rebounds and assists are Jacco Fritz (5.9 rebounds per game) and Tahj Staveskie (2.8 assists per game).
- Henderson is tops from three-point range for the Golden Griffins, knocking down 2.0 treys per game.
- Nobody on Canisius grabs more steals than Henderson (1.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Fritz (0.5 per game).