The Mississippi State Bulldogs (12-6, 1-5 SEC) will try to halt a three-game losing streak when they host the Florida Gators (10-8, 3-3 SEC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Humphrey Coliseum. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET on SEC Network. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Gators ( ).
The betting facts in the following article reference odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Mississippi State vs Florida Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Mississippi State Offense Vs. Florida Defense
|Mississippi State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Florida Defense|
|65.3 (329)||Points/Gm||65.7 (79)|
|7.3 (306)||Possessions/Game||12.0 (245)|
|40.5 (339)||Field Goal %||40.0 (27)|
|28.7 (353)||3PT %||31.7 (94)|
|45.8 (343)||Effective FG %||45.0 (18)|
|48.9 (350)||True Shooting %||49.0 (15)|
Florida Offense Vs. Mississippi State Defense
|Florida Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mississippi State Defense|
|72.9 (153)||Points/Gm||58.2 (6)|
|12.0 (117)||Possessions/Game||7.3 (54)|
|44.0 (213)||Field Goal %||38.7 (13)|
|33.0 (245)||3PT %||31.7 (94)|
|50.0 (238)||Effective FG %||45.7 (28)|
|54.8 (172)||True Shooting %||48.9 (14)|
Best Betting Sites For Mississippi State vs Florida
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- Mississippi State is 8-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Bulldogs have covered the spread seven times this season (7-7 ATS) when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- So far this season, five out of Mississippi State’s 18 games have hit the over.
- The Bulldogs’ 18 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 128.5 points six times.
- Mississippi State has had an average of 123.4 points in its games this season, 5.1 fewer than this matchup’s total.
Florida Betting Insights
- Florida has put together a 9-9-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Gators have been an underdog by 2 points or more three times this year, and covered the spread in two of those contests.
- In Florida’s 18 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total six times.
- The Gators have played 13 games this season that have gone over 128.5 combined points scored.
- Florida has a 138.6-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 10.1 more points than this game’s total.
Mississippi State Key Players
- Tolu Smith leads the Bulldogs in scoring (13.8 points per game) and rebounding (7.9 rebounds per game).
- Mississippi State’s assists leader is Dashawn Davis, who dishes out 3.3 per game.
- Davis hits 1.5 treys per game to lead the Bulldogs.
- Mississippi State’s blocks leader is Cameron Matthews, who collects 0.8 per game. Shakeel Moore leads the team averaging 2.5 steals an outing.
Florida Key Players
- Colin Castleton leads the team in both scoring (14.9 points per game) and rebounding (8.1 rebounds per game).
- The Florida leader in assists is Kyle Lofton with 2.9 assists per game.
- Will Richard makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gators, averaging 1.5 treys per game.
- Castleton is a defensive force for Florida, leading the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (3.2 per game).