The Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-0) face the Detroit Mercy Titans (0-2) on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Titans ( ).
The betting insights in this article reflect odds as of November 17, 2021 at 7:59 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mississippi State vs Detroit Mercy Betting Odds
Mississippi State Offense Vs. Detroit Mercy Defense (From 2020-21)
|Mississippi State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Detroit Mercy Defense|
|69.3 (232)||Points/Gm||74 (272)|
|67.1 (253)||Possessions/Game||68 (124)|
|45.4 (90)||Field Goal %||46.3 (291)|
|34.3 (147)||3PT %||36.8 (316)|
|50.2 (173)||Effective FG %||54.2 (324)|
|53.4 (190)||True Shooting %||56.5 (306)|
Detroit Mercy Offense vs. Mississippi State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Detroit Mercy Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mississippi State Defense|
|76.5 (56)||Points/Gm||66.8 (71)|
|67.1 (253)||Possessions/Game||67.2 (89)|
|46.4 (58)||Field Goal %||40.4 (30)|
|39.1 (6)||3PT %||32.6 (108)|
|55.1 (24)||Effective FG %||47.1 (53)|
|58.7 (19)||True Shooting %||50.6 (45)|
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- Mississippi State won 16 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 14 times.
- The Bulldogs covered the spread twice when favored by 16.5 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- A total of 15 of Mississippi State’s games last season went over the point total.
- Mississippi State’s games last season featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 138.5 points 16 times.
- Bulldogs outings last season had an average total of 136.6, 1.9 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Detroit Mercy Betting Insights
- Detroit Mercy put together a 14-11-1 ATS record last season.
- The Titans were an underdog by 16.5 points or more once last season, and covered the spread.
- A total of 14 of Detroit Mercy’s games last season went over the point total.
- Detroit Mercy played 22 games last season that ended with a point total higher than 138.5 points.
- Titans outings last year had a 147.3-point average over/under, 8.8 more points than this game’s total.
Mississippi State Key Players
- Iverson Molinar put up 16.7 points per game last season.
- Tolu Smith collected 8.5 rebounds per game and DJ Stewart dished out 3.1 assists per matchup.
- Stewart was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.6 per game.
- Stewart grabbed 1.4 steals per game. Abdul Ado averaged two blocks a contest.
Detroit Mercy Key Players
- Antoine Davis scored 24 points per game last season while tacking on 4.8 assists.
- Chris Brandon pulled down 5.9 rebounds per game.
- Davis hit 3.8 threes per game a season ago.
- Davis grabbed 1.5 steals per game. Bul Kuol averaged 0.5 blocks an outing.