The Indiana Hoosiers (2-8, 0-7 Big Ten) take a six-game losing streak into matchup with the Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-4, 4-3 Big Ten). The Golden Gophers () and the Hoosiers ( to win on the moneyline) kick off the action on November 20, 2021 at 3:30 PM ET. Bookmakers have set a total of points for the game.
In this article we detail key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need before placing a bet on the game.
The betting trends in what follows use the latest odds as of November 20, 2021 at 2:04 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Minnesota Vs. Indiana Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Minnesota Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Golden Gophers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hoosiers Defense|
|25.5 (88)||Points/Gm||32.0 (106)|
|366.3 (87)||Yards/Gm||375.7 (69)|
|160.2 (118)||Pass Yards/Gm||235.2 (80)|
|206.1 (19)||Rush Yards/Gm||140.5 (62)|
|7.7 (59)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (49)|
|4.5 (53)||Yards/Rush||3.9 (50)|
|42.1% (48)||3rd Down %||36.1% (39)|
|10 (62)||Turnovers||8 (86)|
|8 (68)||Sacks||4 (107)|
Indiana Offense Vs. Minnesota Defense
|Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Minnesota Defense|
|18.6 (120)||Points/Gm||19.2 (15)|
|306.7 (116)||Yards/Gm||295.3 (9)|
|188.2 (104)||Pass Yards/Gm||195.4 (29)|
|118.5 (104)||Rush Yards/Gm||99.9 (13)|
|5.5 (125)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (44)|
|3.3 (115)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (20)|
|34.6% (105)||3rd Down %||34.1% (26)|
|12 (89)||Turnovers||5 (117)|
|5 (30)||Sacks||8 (66)|
When Minnesota Has The Ball
- The Golden Gophers have the 19th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (206.1 yards per game), and will be facing the 62nd-ranked defense in that category, as the Hoosiers allow 140.5 per game.
- Indiana’s defense has four sacks (21st-fewest in the FBS). Minnesota has conceded eight sacks to rank 68th in college football.
- The Golden Gophers average 160.2 yards through the air per game (118th in the FBS). The Hoosiers rank 80th, giving up 235.2 passing yards.
- Minnesota’s offense is 62nd-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (10), and is up against the 86th-ranked team in turnovers forced, Indiana (8).
When Indiana Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers have the 116th-ranked offense in the FBS in terms of yards per game (306.7), and will be up against a top-10 defense in that category, the No. 9 ranked Golden Gophers (295.3).
- Indiana’s offense ranks 120th in the FBS at 18.6 points per game. It will be up against Minnesota’s defense which gives up 19.2 per game (15th in college football).
- The Golden Gophers defense ranks 20th on a per-carry basis, allowing 3.4 yards per rushing attempt. The Hoosiers average 3.3 yards per carry (115th in the FBS).
- Indiana has the 104th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (118.5 yards per game). It faces Minnesota’s 13th-ranked rushing defense, which gives up 99.9 on the ground.
Minnesota Betting Trends And Insights
- Minnesota has compiled a 6-4-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Golden Gophers have been favored by 7.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- So far this season, five out of Minnesota’s 10 games have hit the over.
- In six of 10 games this season, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 43.5 points.
- The Golden Gophers have a 3-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60% of those games).
Indiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Indiana has covered just twice in 10 games with a spread this year.
- The Hoosiers have been an underdog by 7.5 points or more this year three times and failed to cover in all three.
- Indiana’s games have hit the over five out of 10 times this season.
- Indiana has played five games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 43.5 points.
- This season, the Hoosiers have been listed as the underdog in seven games and failed to win any of those contests.
Minnesota Players To Watch
- This year, Tanner Morgan has racked up 1,540 passing yards (154.0 yards per game) while going 116-for-200 (58% completion percentage) and throwing seven touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Treyson Potts has run for a team-leading 552 yards on 112 carries (110.4 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Ky Thomas has 520 yards on 101 carries (86.7 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chris Autman-Bell has hauled in 29 receptions for 409 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 51.1 receiving yards per game.
- Michael Brown-Stephens has hauled in 19 catches for 369 yards (52.7 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Dylan Wright has collected 246 yards on 14 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 41.0 yards per game.
Indiana Players To Watch
- Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 939 yards while completing 53.7% of his passes (87-of-162), with four touchdowns and seven interceptions this year (187.8 yards per game).
- Stephen Carr has picked up a team-high 589 rushing yards (65.4 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- Davion Ervin-Poindexter has rushed for 162 yards on 30 carries (18.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Ty Fryfogle has 43 catches and paces his team with 496 receiving yards (49.6 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Peyton Hendershot has also added 486 yards on 39 catches and four touchdowns. He averages 54.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Miles Marshall has 269 receiving yards on 19 receptions, averaging 29.9 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from