The Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-5, 1-5 Big Ten) hope to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (11-6, 5-2 Big Ten) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Williams Arena. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Golden Gophers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Scarlet Knights ( ).
The betting trends in what follows use the latest odds as of January 22, 2022 at 7:59 AM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Minnesota vs Rutgers Betting Odds
Minnesota Offense Vs. Rutgers Defense
|Minnesota Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rutgers Defense|
|69.7 (232)||Points/Gm||63.9 (57)|
|67 (266)||Possessions/Game||66.5 (51)|
|45.4 (122)||Field Goal %||40 (49)|
|34.2 (157)||3PT %||31.9 (122)|
|51.4 (145)||Effective FG %||46.2 (60)|
|54.2 (171)||True Shooting %||50 (80)|
Rutgers Offense Vs. Minnesota Defense
|Rutgers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Minnesota Defense|
|67.8 (274)||Points/Gm||66.3 (108)|
|66.7 (278)||Possessions/Game||67.9 (97)|
|42.8 (249)||Field Goal %||42.9 (192)|
|33.4 (193)||3PT %||27.5 (11)|
|48 (287)||Effective FG %||47.4 (99)|
|51.1 (276)||True Shooting %||49.8 (74)|
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Minnesota has compiled a 10-5-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Golden Gophers have covered the spread three times this season (3-4 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- A total of nine out of Minnesota’s 15 games this season have hit the over.
- In nine games this season, Minnesota and its opponents have scored more than 129.5 total points.
- The Golden Gophers have an average point total of 135.3 in their contests this year, 5.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Rutgers Betting Insights
- Rutgers is 8-9-0 ATS this season.
- When playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year, the Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 5-2.
- A total of 10 Rutgers games this year have gone over the point total.
- Rutgers has played 11 games this season that have had more than 129.5 combined points scored.
- Scarlet Knights games this year have had a 134.5-point total on average, 5.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Minnesota Key Players
- The Golden Gophers scoring leader is Jamison Battle, who averages 18 points per game.
- Minnesota is led in rebounding by Eric Curry’s 6.8 rebounds per game and assists by Payton Willis’ 3.7 assists per game.
- Battle is the top three-point shooter for the Golden Gophers, knocking down 2.6 per game.
- Minnesota’s steals leader is Willis, who grabs 1.8 per game. Curry leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks an outing.
Rutgers Key Players
- Ron Harper Jr. owns the Scarlet Knights top spot in scoring with 16.5 points per game and also tacks on 6.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Rutgers leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Clifford Omoruyi with 8.1 rebounds per game and Paul Mulcahy with 4.8 assists per game.
- Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.4 made threes per game.
- Caleb McConnell tops Rutgers in steals with two per game, and Omoruyi leads the squad in blocks with one per game.