On Sunday in the Super Bowl, Mike Evans and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s some insights and tips digging into Evans’ receiving yards prop bet.
Mike Evans Super Bowl Player Props
Mike Evans Props: What You Need To Know
Going into the 2020-21 season, plenty of questions surrounded which of the Buccaneers’ weapons– if any– would emerge as the team’s number-one option. Evans of course frequented the list, but speculations also surrounded counterparts Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, and even Rob Gronkowski. As the season progressed, Evans took over the role as the go-to guy as Godwin battled injury and drops. He finished the season fourth in touchdown receptions (13) and has two this postseason despite being majorly shut down against the Rams (had just one reception that was a three-yard touchdown).
Evans might not always fill the stat sheet with volume and yardage, but he has a nose for the end zone and has proven to be Tom Brady’s favorite red zone target this season. He’s one of just two players this season (AJ Brown) to have 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns on less than 80 receptions.
Thanks to a plethora of other weapons, Evans won’t always be bracketed and shadowed by his opposition’s top corner. Kansas City’s Bashad Breeland has played well this season and slot corner L’Jarius Sneed has been one of the highest-praised rookies this year. Both players will see their share of Mike Evans, matchups that favor Evans heavily. Evans (6’ 5”, 231 pounds and 4.53 speed) has a major size advantage over Breeland (5’ 11”, 195 pounds and 4.53 speed) and Sneed (6’ 1”, 193 pounds).
Mike Evans: Super Bowl Props Checklist
- Receiving yards: O/U 63.5 (-110)
- Receptions: Over 4.5 (-118), Under 4.5 (-105)
- Longest reception: O/U 24.5 (-112)
- To score a touchdown (+120)
- To score 2+ touchdowns (+650)
- To score 3+ touchdowns (+4200)
- To score first touchdown (+1100)
- To score last touchdown (+1000)
- To score first half touchdown (+260)
- To score second half touchdown (+260)
Evans’ Game-by-Game Stats
|NFC Wild Card Round||@Washington||62||10||6||119||0|
|NFC Divisional Round||@Saints||63||3||1||3||1|
|NFC Championship Game||@Packers||56||8||3||51||1|
Receiving Yards Betting Trends
- Evans is averaging 62.1 receiving yards per game, 5.4 less than his prop bet over/under for Sunday’s game (67.5).
- In 31.6% of his games this year (six out of 19), Evans has collected more than 67.5 receiving yards.
- The Chiefs defense has allowed opposing receivers to haul in the 18th-most yards in the NFL this season (248.0 per game).
- Evans’ average prop bet for receiving yards is an over/under of 67.3 per game. He is averaging 5.2 less per game than that average.
- In only six of his 19 games (31.6%), Evans has gone over his average receiving yards prop bet of 67.3 yards.
- In just seven of his 19 games (36.8%), Evans has gone over on receiving yards prop bets.
Odds and insights reflect consensus player props available as of January 28, 2021. CLICK HERE to place your bet on Mike Evans or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Chiefs Betting Odds
Powered By Data Skrive using data from