The No. 17 Michigan State Spartans (6-3) take a three-game sllide into a road matchup with the Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-6), who have lost three straight as well. The Spartans are favorites () in the contest, which starts at 8:00 PM ET (on BTN) on Saturday, January 2, 2021. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 2, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans are under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 2-6
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Spartans are 1-3 against the spread in 2020-21.
- In 50% of its games this season (4/8), Michigan State and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
Michigan State Players to Watch
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska holds a losing record ATS this season, covering three times and failing to cover six times.
- For the fourth time this season, the Cornhuskers are at least an 8.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 2-1 against the spread.
- The Cornhuskers and their opponents have typically not covered the total points bet this season, only hitting the over in 22.2% (2) of their nine games played.
Nebraska Players to Watch
- Michigan State and its opponents have gone over Saturday’s 152.5 total in four out of nine games (44.4%) this season.
- In 30% of Nebraska’s games this season (3 of 10), the total points scored was greater than Saturday’s 152.5-point over/under.
- The over/under for the contest of 152.5 is 0.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (78.4 points per game) and the Cornhuskers (74.7 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 4.7 fewer points than the 147.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020-21.
- This season, the average total for Spartans games is 153.9 points, 1.4 more than the over/under of 152.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.4 points separates this game’s over/under (152.5 points) and the average total points bet in Cornhuskers games (147.1 points) this season.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||Michigan State||Nebraska||-12||150.5||-922||572||Regular Season||86-65 MICHST|
|3/5/2019||N/A||Michigan State||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-76 MICHST|
|1/17/2019||N/A||Nebraska||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 MICHST|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from