The Michigan State Spartans (13-7, 5-4 Big Ten) host the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-7, 4-4 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten rivals at Breslin Center, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 26, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Spartans’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Hawkeyes ( ).
The betting facts in the article below reference odds valid as of January 26, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Michigan State vs Iowa Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Michigan State Offense Vs. Iowa Defense
|Michigan State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Iowa Defense|
|69.7 (223)||Points/Gm||73.5 (290)|
|13.6 (226)||Possessions/Game||7.5 (3)|
|44.7 (175)||Field Goal %||45.6 (292)|
|38.0 (29)||3PT %||34.4 (219)|
|50.7 (200)||Effective FG %||51.2 (244)|
|57.2 (61)||True Shooting %||53.2 (126)|
Iowa Offense Vs. Michigan State Defense
|Iowa Offense||Stats (Rank)||Michigan State Defense|
|81.7 (19)||Points/Gm||65.9 (80)|
|7.5 (362)||Possessions/Game||13.6 (133)|
|45.5 (128)||Field Goal %||40.4 (35)|
|34.4 (168)||3PT %||30.5 (45)|
|51.9 (136)||Effective FG %||46.0 (31)|
|56.0 (109)||True Shooting %||53.0 (117)|
Best Betting Sites For Michigan State vs Iowa
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State has compiled an 11-9-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Spartans have been favored by 2.5 points or more 11 times this season, and covered the spread in six of those contests.
- In Michigan State’s 20 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 10 times.
- In five games this season, the Spartans and their opponents have gone over 146 combined points.
- Michigan State’s outings this year have an average point total of 135.5, 10.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Iowa Betting Insights
- Iowa has put together an 11-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Hawkeyes have covered the spread once this year (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- A total of 10 Iowa’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Hawkeyes have combined with their opponent to score more than 146 points in 13 of 19 games this season.
- Iowa’s average game total this season has been 155.3, 9.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Michigan State Key Players
- Tyson Walker leads the Spartans scoring 14.1 points per game.
- Michigan State is led in rebounding by Joey Hauser’s 7.5 rebounds per game and assists by A.J Hoggard’s 6.3 assists per game.
- Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Spartans, connecting on 1.7 per game.
- Michigan State’s blocks leader is Mady Sissoko, who records 0.8 per game. Jaden Akins leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
Iowa Key Players
- Kris Murray leads the team in both scoring (21.3 points per game) and rebounding (8.9 rebounds per game).
- Connor McCaffery puts in work dishing out assists and is Iowa’s assist leader with 2.8 per game.
- Murray makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hawkeyes, cashing in 2.5 treys per game.
- McCaffery tops Iowa in steals with 1.4 per game, and Filip Rebraca leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.