Copa America 2024: Mexico Soccer Odds Vs. Venezuela On Wednesday

, ,
Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
Mexico soccer odds

As Copa America 2024 gets underway, TheLines will preview select matches in the event. Here, we’ll look at Mexico soccer odds for Matchday 2, versus Venezuela. In this next Group B battle, Mexico is on the three-way moneyline to win. Venezuela is . The game will be broadcast on FS1 in the United States, with kickoff Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET.

Below, we’ll reveal ways to bet on Mexico or Venezuela in their second Copa America match. Click any of the odds below to make a wager at online betting sites in your area and find the best soccer sportsbook promos here.

How To Bet On Mexico Soccer Odds vs. Venezuela

The first three (and most popular ways) to bet on Mexico games are to bet the spread, moneyline, or total goals. Each is explained below. Remember that soccer games can end in draws during group stages, hence the three-way line.

Mexico Predictions For Today

+120 odds to win imply Mexico have a 45.5% chance of getting a win against Venezuela, with a Venezuela win and draw in the match making up the other 54.5%.

Mexico Copa America Tournament Predictions

The fourth way to bet on Mexico soccer is via futures.

  • to advance out of Group B (finish first or second in the group)
  • to win Group
  • to reach final
  • to win the tournaments

In Group B, they entered the tournament as favorites to win, though that’s as much due to a weak group as it is Mexico having a good team. Argentina is the overall favorite, followed by Brazil, but all of the top four teams in the futures markets reside in other groups.

Mexico opened with a 1-0 win over a lightly regarded Jamaica team. Most of the work still lies ahead, as they must still face Venezuela and Ecuador. Those teams were considered their main competition for Group B superiority.

Game Props

The fifth fun way to bet on Mexico soccer odds vs. Venezuela is by utilizing game props. See below for some select game props. Soccer game props at your sportsbooks include both teams to score, total yellow cards, and corner kicks.

Player Props

Another way to bet on Mexico on Wednesday is by utilizing player props. See below for select Mexico vs. Venezuela odds, including to anytime goalscorer, to score the first goal, etc.

Mexico Vs. Venezuela Preview

Mexico didn’t have a very strong opener, all things considered, as Jamaica has one of the weakest teams in the tournament. They got their three points, but they’ll need to perform better as the competition gets stiffer. NYT’s xGoals only awarded them 0.97 to 0.51 for Jamaica, not a great result.

More warning signs cropped up in the lead-up to Copa America. Mexico was swept in three friendlies against top South American clubs by a combined 10-4. Rival U.S.A. blanked them 2-0 in March.

The story was a bit different for Venezuela. While they enjoyed an upset over Ecuador — a team ranked some 24 spots ahead of them per FIFA — it came with a giant asterisk. One of Ecuador’s players earned a red card, so they spent the majority of the match down a man.

Neither team would be exactly unhappy with a draw, so we may see another slower-paced match here. Venezuela would benefit more so than Mexico, given their finale is against Jamaica. Mexico still has to play Ecuador, which was expected to be their closest competition in this group.

Mexico Soccer vs. Venezuela Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

GK Julio GonzalezGK Rafael Romo
DF Johan VasquezDF Yordan Osorio
DF Cesar MontesDF Nahuel Ferraresi
DF Jorge SanchezDF Miguel Navarro
DF Gerardo ArteagaDF Alexander Gonzalez
MF Luis ChavezMF Yangel Herrera
MF Edson AlvarezMF Jose Andres Martinez
FW Orbelin PinedaFW Yeferson Soteldo
FW Julian QuinonesFW Darwin Machis
FW Uriel AntunaFW Cristian Casseres Jr.
FW Santiago GimenezFW Salomon Rondon

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Photo by Associated Press