Copa America 2024: Mexico Soccer Odds Vs. Ecuador On Sunday

, ,
Written By Mo Nuwwarah | Last Updated
Mexico soccer odds

As Copa America 2024 gets underway, TheLines will preview select matches in the event. Here, we’ll look at Mexico soccer odds for Matchday 3 versus Ecuador. It’s a match the Mexicans need to win in order to advance. In this next Group B battle, Mexico is on the three-way moneyline to win. Ecuador is . The game will be broadcast on FOX in the United States, with kickoff Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

Below, we’ll reveal ways to bet on Mexico or Ecuador in their second Copa America match. Click any of the odds below to make a wager at online betting sites in your area and find the best soccer sportsbook promos here.

How To Bet On Mexico Soccer Odds vs. Ecuador

The first three (and most popular ways) to bet on Mexico games are to bet the spread, moneyline, or total goals. Each is explained below. Remember that soccer games can end in draws during group stages, hence the three-way line.

ECU @ MEX

Jun. 30, 7:00 PM

Ecuador

ECU

Mexico

MEX

Mexico Predictions For Today

+185 odds to win imply Mexico has about a 35% chance of getting a win against Ecuador, with an Ecuador win and draw making up the other 65%.

Mexico Copa America Tournament Predictions

The fourth way to bet on Mexico soccer is via futures.

  • to advance out of Group B (finish first or second in the group)
  • to win Group
  • to reach final
  • to win the tournaments

Though Mexico entered as the group favorite, the odds are now against them following a couple of poor initial showings. Crucially, they lost to Venezuela, and Ecuador’s superior goal difference has the Mexicans in third. That means they need a win against the team that was considered the second-strongest in the group.

Game Props

The fifth fun way to bet on Mexico soccer odds vs. Ecuador is by utilizing game props. See below for some select game props. Soccer game props at your sportsbooks include both teams to score, total yellow cards, and corner kicks.

Mexico v Ecuador

07/01/2024

There are no odds available at this time.

Player Props

Another way to bet on Mexico on Wednesday is by utilizing player props. See below for select Mexico vs. Ecuador odds, including anytime goalscorer, to score the first goal, etc.

Mexico v Ecuador

07/01/2024

There are no odds available at this time.

Mexico v Ecuador

07/01/2024

There are no odds available at this time.

Mexico Vs. Ecuador Preview

Mexico has backed itself into a corner. They now must win against Ecuador to advance. A draw won’t go it, as the teams are equal on points, but Ecuador would nip Mexico on goal difference — +1 to 0. In that scenario, Mexico’s lack of a dominating win over weak sister Jamaica (just 1-0) would come back to bite them.

Mexico seemed like it had lined itself up to overcome that initial sleepy effort. They piled up 2.88 xGoals (just 1.17 against) against the Venezuelans but failed to break through. Mexico dominated across the board statistically, going +8 in shots, +3 in shots on target, +5 in corners, and winning possession 61-39.

If Mexico can just up the finishing quality and summon a similar effort here, they’ll have a chance to advance.

However, the teams’ performances so far suggest there’s no reason to expect a Mexico victory. Each team lost to Venezuela and beat Jamaica. Ecuador at least has a valid excuse for its loss — they played most of the match down a man after a first-half red card.

Now, Ecuador has the advantage of inertia. That is, they simply need to draw to get through and don’t need to take any major risks. The burden is on Mexico to make something happen.

Bettors may want to look for a live opportunity here. An early Mexican goal should open things up considerably, as Ecuador would then need to push forward.

Mexico Soccer vs. Ecuador Projected Starting Lineups

Here’s a glance at each team’s expected starting lineup:

MexicoEcuador
GK Julio GonzalezGK Alexander Dominguez
DF Johan VasquezDF Felix Torres
DF Cesar MontesDF Piero Hincapie
DF Jorge SanchezDF William Pacho
DF Gerardo ArteagaDF Angelo Preciado
MF Luis ChavezMF John Yeboah
MF Edson AlvarezMF Kendry Paez
FW Orbelin PinedaMF Jeremy Sarmiento
FW Julian QuinonesMF Alan Franco
FW Uriel AntunaMF Moises Caicedo
FW Santiago GimenezFW Kevin Rodriguez

Latest Euro 2024 And Copa America News

Photo by Associated Press

RELATED ARTICLES