The VMI Keydets (5-14, 0-6 SoCon) will try to break an eight-game losing streak when they host the Mercer Bears (8-11, 1-5 SoCon) on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at Cameron Hall. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bears’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Keydets ( ).
The insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 19, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Mercer vs VMI Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Mercer Offense Vs. VMI Defense
|Mercer Offense||Stats (Rank)||VMI Defense|
|71.3 (188)||Points/Gm||76.3 (332)|
|8.3 (208)||Possessions/Game||5.4 (35)|
|47.1 (54)||Field Goal %||47.1 (328)|
|36.3 (73)||3PT %||36.3 (296)|
|52.5 (106)||Effective FG %||56.0 (356)|
|54.6 (179)||True Shooting %||62.8 (345)|
VMI Offense Vs. Mercer Defense
|VMI Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mercer Defense|
|73.2 (149)||Points/Gm||69.4 (187)|
|5.4 (328)||Possessions/Game||8.3 (150)|
|44.1 (206)||Field Goal %||43.2 (160)|
|38.2 (26)||3PT %||35.3 (271)|
|52.8 (96)||Effective FG %||49.2 (153)|
|55.7 (132)||True Shooting %||58.1 (276)|
Best Betting Sites For Mercer vs VMI
Mercer Betting Insights
- Mercer has compiled a 6-11-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Bears have covered the spread once when favored by 5.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Mercer’s games have hit the over six out of 17 times this season.
- In eight of 17 games this season, the Bears and their opponents have scored more than 137 points.
- The average total in Mercer’s matchups this year is 140.6, 3.6 more points than this game’s over/under.
VMI Betting Insights
- VMI has compiled a 9-7-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Keydets are 9-6 ATS this season when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- So far this year, 10 out of VMI’s 16 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Keydets have played 11 games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 137 points.
- VMI has a 149.5-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 12.5 more points than this game’s total.
Mercer Key Players
- Jalyn McCreary leads the Bears in points and rebounds. He contributes 14.5 points per game while adding 5.4 rebounds.
- Luis Hurtado paces the team with 4.5 assists per game.
- The Bears are led by Kamar Robertson from long distance. He hits 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- Mercer’s steals leader is Robertson, who collects 1.1 per game. McCreary leads the team averaging 0.5 blocks an outing.
VMI Key Players
- Asher Woods owns the Keydets top spot in scoring with 14.8 points per game and also tacks on 4.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists per contest.
- Sean Conway (5.8 rebounds per game) and Tony Felder (3.5 assists per game) are the VMI leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Conway is tops from three-point range for the Keydets, hitting 2.6 treys per game.
- Nobody on VMI grabs more steals than Conway (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Tyler Houser (0.5 per game).