The No. 9 Memphis Tigers (21-10) and the No. 8 Boise State Broncos (27-7) will battle on Thursday to fight for a place in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The opening round matchup begins at 1:45 PM. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Broncos ( ).
BetMGM March Madness Special Offer! Bet $10 on a moneyline and win $200 if either team makes a 3-pointer!
Memphis vs Boise State Betting Odds
Memphis vs Boise State Betting Analysis
When Memphis has the basketball, they are running their offense through 6’10” freshman center Jalen Duren, who is projected to be a top-five draft selection in the 2022 NBA Draft. Duren is putting up an impressive 12.5 PPG with eight rebounds. Fellow Memphis freshman and top NBA draft prospect Emoni Bates suffered a season-ending injury earlier this year. Since then, Duren has put up huge numbers in leading the Tigers to an at-large NCAA Tournament bid.
The Boise State Broncos offense has thrived since mid January, winning 24 of their last 27 games en route to the Mountain West conference title. However, a great majority of Boise’s success offensively is through the inside scoring ability of senior forward Abu Kigab.
Despite the Broncos’ recent dominance versus conference opponents, their first NCAA Tournament game versus an athletic Memphis team will be far more difficult. Given the presence of Duren, Boise State may experience significant difficulty trying to work the ball inside to Kigab. This matchup nightmare provides value on Memphis to cover.
Memphis Offense Vs. Boise State Defense
|Memphis Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boise State Defense|
|75.4 (61)||Points/Gm||60.8 (14)|
|70.3 (81)||Possessions/Game||67.1 (96)|
|47.1 (35)||Field Goal %||42.6 (140)|
|35.9 (60)||3PT %||32.7 (139)|
|52.6 (79)||Effective FG %||48.0 (107)|
|56.3 (69)||True Shooting %||49.6 (42)|
Boise State Offense Vs. Memphis Defense
|Boise State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Memphis Defense|
|68.7 (239)||Points/Gm||68.4 (155)|
|64.0 (336)||Possessions/Game||72.1 (305)|
|44.9 (125)||Field Goal %||39.3 (20)|
|34.8 (119)||3PT %||31.8 (84)|
|51.6 (119)||Effective FG %||46.1 (29)|
|54.5 (132)||True Shooting %||49.5 (40)|
Memphis Betting Insights
- Memphis has won 16 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 16 times.
- The Tigers have been favored by 2.5 points or more 24 times this season, and covered the spread in 12 of those matchups.
- Memphis’ games have hit the over 17 out of 33 times this season.
- In 25 games this season, Memphis and its opponents have scored more than 132.5 combined points.
- Tigers contests this year have an average total of 142.7, 10.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
Boise State Betting Insights
- Boise State has compiled a 19-16-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Broncos have an ATS record of 6-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season.
- Boise State’s games have hit the over 17 out of 35 times this year.
- Boise State and its opponents have combined to score more than 132.5 points in 13 of 35 games this season.
- The average over/under for Broncos contests this season is 130.8, 1.7 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Memphis Key Players
- Jalen Duren leads the Tigers in scoring (11.8 points per game) and rebounding (7.8 rebounds per game).
- The team is led in assists by Alex Lomax’s 4.0 per game.
- Lester Quinones makes 1.7 treys per game to lead the Tigers.
- Memphis’ blocks leader is Duren, who averages 2.1 per game. Lomax leads the team averaging 1.8 steals a game.
Boise State Key Players
- Abu Kigab outpaced his teammates on the Broncos scoring front by putting up 14.7 points per game. He adds 5.8 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Boise State leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mladen Armus with 7.9 rebounds per game and Emmanuel Akot with 2.9 assists per game.
- Akot leads the Broncos in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.8 made threes per game.
- Boise State’s Kigab has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Armus is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.
March Madness bracket & live odds