A game after he put up 36 points in a 122-117 win over the Spurs, Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (8-7) at home against the Houston Rockets (5-9) as 10-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on FS-SW, tips at 9:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 23, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Rockets Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 23
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Josh Richardson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dwight Powell: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
John Wall: Out (Knee),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal)
Mavericks and Rockets Records ATS
- Dallas has put together a 9-6 record against the spread this season.
- Only 5 of 15 Dallas games this season (33.3%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Houston holds a losing record ATS this season with five wins, eight losses, and one tie ATS.
- Houston and its opponents have typically been held under the total points bet this season, only claiming the over in 28.6% (4) of their 14 games played.
Head to Head
Doncic scored a team-high 33 points to help lead the Mavericks past Christian Wood (23 points) and the Rockets 113-100 in their most recent matchup on January 4, 2021. The Rockets were favored by 4 points in the game, but the Mavericks covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 213 total points to go under the 230-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2021||Rockets||Rockets||-4||230||-164||136||Regular Season||113-100 DAL*|
- The Mavericks are at the 19th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (109.5 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 19th-fewest points per game (111.6) in the league.
- The Mavericks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 25 points this season (1.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 35 more points on the year (2.5 per game).
- The Mavericks points, rebounds and assists leader is Doncic. He averages 26.8 points per game and adds 10.0 rebounds and 9.6 assists.
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is set at 10.5 assists, 0.9 higher than his season average of 9.6.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. is the top three-point shooter for the Mavericks, hitting 3.4 per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Dallas’ blocks leader is Kristaps Porzingis, who collects 1.8 per game. Dorian Finney-Smith leads the team averaging 1.4 steals an outing.
- Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 blocks higher than his season average of 1.8.
- Wood holds the top Rockets spot in two categories: scoring (23.5 points per game) and rebounding (10.8 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 26.5, 9.2 lower than his season average of 35.7.
- John Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 5.1 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 1.1 higher than his season average of 28.4.
- Victor Oladipo makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, cashing in 2.8 treys per game.
- Oladipo’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Oladipo is at the top of Houston’s steals hierarchy with 1.8 steals per game and Wood leads the squad in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from