Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (4-4) into a matchup with the Orlando Magic (6-3) after scoring 38 points in a 124-117 win over the Nuggets. The Magic are 7.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, January 9, 2021, which tips at 8:30 PM ET on FS-FL.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Magic Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Trey Burke: Day To Day (Illness),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Aaron Gordon: Out (Left Hamstring),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Back Spasms)
Mavericks and Magic Records ATS
- Dallas’ against the spread record this season is an even 4-4.
- The Mavericks are 0-1 against the spread this season when they are at least an 7.5-point favorite.
- Only 3 of 8 Dallas games this season (37.5%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 6-3 record ATS this season, Orlando has outperformed expectations ATS this season.
- Five of Orlando’s nine games (55.6%) this season have not covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Doncic (33 points) led the Mavericks over Evan Fournier (28 points) and the Magic 122-106 in their last matchup on Friday. The Mavericks were favored by 4 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 228 total points in the matchup went over the 221-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2020||Mavericks||Magic||-4||221||-177||147||Regular Season||122-106 DAL|
|11/6/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-7||207.5||-321||255||Regular Season||107-106 DAL|
|3/8/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 ORL|
|12/10/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-76 DAL|
|4/4/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 ORL|
|1/9/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-99 DAL|
|2/11/2017||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-80 DAL|
|11/19/2016||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-87 ORL|
|3/1/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-108 DAL|
|2/19/2016||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-104 ORL|
- The Mavericks are the NBA’s 20th-highest scoring team (109.8 PPG), while the Magic allow their opponents the 11th-fewest points per game (108.9) in the league.
- The Mavericks have scored a total of 25 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.2 per game), while the Magic have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 10 total points, -1.1 per game).
- Doncic leads the Mavericks in points, rebounds and assists. He averages 27.6 points per game while also adding 9.0 rebounds and 8.0 assists.
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the game is posted at 8.5 assists, 0.5 assists higher than his season average of 8.0.
- The Mavericks are led by Tim Hardaway Jr. from beyond the arc. He hits 3.4 shots from deep per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Dallas’ steals leader is James Johnson, who averages 1.4 per game. Maxi Kleber leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a contest.
- Johnson’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
- Nikola Vucevic leads the team in both scoring (21.1 points per game) and rebounding (10.7 rebounds per game).
- Vucevic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 2.4 points higher than his season average of 21.1.
- Markelle Fultz puts in work giving out assists and is Orlando’s assist leader with 5.4 per game.
- Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Terrence Ross leads the Magic in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Orlando’s Ross has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Michael Carter-Williams is first in blocks with 0.6 per game.
- Carter-Williams’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 0.6.
While FanDuel has the Mavericks winning by 7.5, the model has the Magic taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (7.7 points). Take the Magic.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from