The Dallas Mavericks (5-4) will attempt to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Charlotte Hornets (6-5) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 as favorites. The Hornets have won four games in a row. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 13, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Hornets Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 13
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health protocols),
Josh Richardson: Out (Health protocols),
Dwight Powell: Out (Health protocols),
Jalen Brunson: Out (Health protocols),
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Knee),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and safety protocols)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Mavericks and Hornets Records ATS
- Dallas is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 5-4.
- The Mavericks are 1-2 against the spread this season when they are at least a 4-point favorite.
- In 33.3% of its games this season (3/9), Dallas and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- Charlotte has routinely covered the spread this season with a record of 6-5.
- The Hornets hold an even 1-1 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 4-point underdog.
- Eight of Charlotte’s 11 games (72.7%) this season have not covered the over/under.
Head to Head
LaMelo Ball (22 points) led the Hornets past Tim Hardaway Jr. (18 points) and the Mavericks 118-99 in their most recent matchup on December 30, 2020. The Mavericks were favored by 8.5 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread. The 217 total points in the matchup fell short of the 225-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/30/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8.5||225||-373||292||Regular Season||118-99 CHA|
|2/8/2020||Mavericks||Hornets||-3||213||-146||124||Regular Season||116-100 DAL*|
|1/4/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-11.5||217.5||-731||532||Regular Season||123-120 CHA*|
|2/6/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-93 DAL|
|1/2/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-84 DAL|
|3/24/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-98 CHA|
|1/10/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-111 DAL|
|12/5/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-101 CHA|
|12/1/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-87 CHA|
|3/14/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-96 DAL|
- 2/8/2020 DNP – Mavericks: Luka Doncic, Kristaps Porzingis
- 1/4/2020 DNP – Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Dallas’ games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup total (220 points) in 50 out of nine opportunities (555.6% of matchups).
- In 27.3% of Charlotte’s games this season (3 of 11), the total points scored was greater than Wednesday’s 220-point over/under.
- The Mavericks have seen a 215.7 average over/under in their games this season, 4.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is four points more than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (216 points).
- The average implied total for the Mavericks this season is 115 points, three more points than their implied total of 112 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Dallas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (112) 48 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hornets (114.5) is 6.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (108).
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 108 points six times this season.
- The Mavericks are the NBA’s 21st-highest scoring team (110 PPG), while the Hornets allow their opponents the eighth-fewest points per game (107.5) in the league.
- The Mavericks have scored a total of 39 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.3 per game), and the Hornets have out-scored opponents by only 10 points on the season (one more per game).
- The Mavericks points, rebounds and assists leader is Luka Doncic. He averages 26.6 points per game and adds 9.3 rebounds and 8.3 assists.
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the game is set at 11.5 assists, 3.2 assists greater than his season average of 8.3.
- The Mavericks are led by Hardaway from beyond the arc. He hits 3.9 shots from deep per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 0.6 shots higher than his season average of 3.9.
- Dallas’ blocks leader is Maxi Kleber, who averages 0.9 per game. James Johnson leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a contest.
- Johnson’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
- Gordon Hayward outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 22.5 points per game. He adds 5.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game this season.
- Hayward’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 4.1 lower than his season average of 31.6.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Ball (7.1 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.5 assists per game).
- Ball’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5 boards, 2.6 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.1.
- Terry Rozier makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, averaging 3.4 treys per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and P.J. Washington leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from