The Dallas Mavericks (1-2) take the court against the Charlotte Hornets (1-2) as favorites on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The point total is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 10:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Hornets Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 30
Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee), Josh Richardson: Day To Day (Calf)
Hornets: Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Mavericks and Hornets Records ATS
- Dallas managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 38-39-3 against the spread.
- The Mavericks were 9-8-1 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 7.5-point favorite.
- Dallas and its opponents hit the over in 49 of 80 games last season (61.2%).
- Charlotte routinely covered the spread last season with a record of 32-30-2.
- 34 of Charlotte’s 64 games (53.1%) last season didn’t cover the over/under.
Head to Head
The Mavericks got a team-high 26 points out of Seth Curry on the way to a 116-100 victory over Devonte’ Graham (26 points) and the Hornets in their last matchup on Saturday. The Mavericks were 3-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 216 total points to go over the 213-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Mavericks||Hornets||-3||213||-146||124||Regular Season||116-100 DAL|
|1/4/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-11.5||217.5||-731||532||Regular Season||123-120 CHA|
|2/6/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-93 DAL|
|1/2/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-84 DAL|
|3/24/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-98 CHA|
|1/10/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-111 DAL|
|12/5/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-101 CHA|
|12/1/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-87 CHA|
|3/14/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-96 DAL|
|11/5/2015||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
- Dallas’ games last year resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup over/under (222.5 points) in 47 out of 81 opportunities (58% of matchups).
- In 26.2% of Charlotte’s games last season (17 of 65), the total points scored was more than Wednesday’s 222.5-point over/under.
- Last season, the average total for Mavericks games was 230.2 points, 7.7 more than the over/under of 222.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 10.0 points more than the average over/under in Hornets’ games last season (212.5 points).
- The Mavericks had an average implied point total of 115.7 last season, which is 0.7 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (115).
- Last season, Dallas scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (115) 43 times.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total last season (111.4 points) is 3.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (108 points).
- Charlotte scored more than 108 points in 22 games last season.
- Last season, the Mavericks were at the third spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (117 PPG), while the Hornets allowed the 12th-fewest points per game (109.6) in the league.
- The Mavericks scored a total of 313 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 3.9 per game), while the Hornets were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 439 total points, -6.7 per game).
- Luka Doncic contributed 28.8 points per game last season while adding 8.8 assists.
- Kristaps Porzingis pulled down 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Willie Cauley-Stein averaged 1.1 steals per game. Porzingis collected 2.0 blocks a game.
- Graham put up 18.2 points per game last season while tacking on 7.5 assists.
- Cody Zeller pulled down 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Terry Rozier swiped 1.0 steal per game. Bismack Biyombo collected 0.9 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from