The Dallas Mavericks (1-3) are against the spread versus the Miami Heat (2-2) on Friday, January 1, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on SUN.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Heat Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Heat Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Mavericks: Maxi Kleber: Day To Day (Ankle), Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee)
Heat: Jimmy Butler: Day To Day (Ankle), Kelly Olynyk: Day To Day (Left knee), Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Right knee)
Mavericks and Heat Records ATS
- Dallas managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 38-39-3 against the spread.
- The Mavericks were an even 25-25-2 against the spread last season when they were at least a 1-point favorite.
- In 61.2% of its games last season (49/80), Dallas and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Miami outperformed the spread last season with a record of 51-39-3.
- The Heat achieved a 30-20-2 record against the spread last season when they entered a game as at least a 1-point underdog.
- 52 of Miami’s 93 games (55.9%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Heat got a team-high 26 points out of Jimmy Butler on the way to a 126-118 victory over Seth Curry (37 points) and the Mavericks in their last matchup on Friday. The Heat were 2.5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 244 total points to cover the 229-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2020||Heat||Heat||-2.5||229||-136||113||Regular Season||126-118 MIA*|
|12/14/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8.5||216||-430||331||Regular Season||122-118 MIA*|
|3/28/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-99 MIA|
|2/13/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-101 MIA|
|1/29/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-88 MIA|
|12/22/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-101 MIA|
|2/27/2017||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-89 DAL|
|1/19/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-95 MIA|
|2/3/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||93-90 MIA|
|1/1/2016||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-82 MIA|
- 2/28/2020 DNP – Heat: Tyler Herro
- 12/14/2019 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic
- Last season, the Mavericks were at the third spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (117 PPG), while the Heat allowed the 10th-fewest points per game (108.9) in the league.
- The Mavericks out-scored their opponents by a total of 313 points last season (3.9 points per game on average), and the Heat put up 257 more points than their opponents on the year (2.7 per game).
- Luka Doncic averaged 28.8 points per game last season while adding 8.8 assists.
- Kristaps Porzingis pulled down 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Willie Cauley-Stein grabbed 1.1 steals per game. Porzingis collected 2.0 blocks a game.
- Butler averaged 19.9 points per game last season and dished out 6.0 assists.
- Bam Adebayo pulled down 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Butler collected 1.8 per game. Adebayo averaged 1.3 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from