The Chicago Bulls (2-4) host the Dallas Mavericks (2-3) after losing three home games in a row. The Mavericks are favored by points in the matchup, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 3, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Bulls Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Bulls Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 3
Luka Doncic: Day To Day (Quad),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
Maxi Kleber: Day To Day (Ankle)
Lauri Markkanen: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Ryan Arcidiacono: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Chandler Hutchison: Out (Self Isolating),
Tomas Satoransky: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Mavericks and Bulls Records ATS
- Dallas has managed to cover the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 2-3 against the spread.
- The Mavericks are 0-1 against the spread this season when they are at least a 5-point favorite.
- Only 1 of 5 Dallas games this season (20%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Chicago has met expectations of oddsmakers this season with an even 3-3 record ATS.
- Chicago covered the over/under in 3 games this season, half of the 6 games they have played this season.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Monday, the Bulls defeated the Mavericks 109-107. Tim Hardaway Jr. led the Mavericks with 26 points, and Coby White paced the Bulls with 19. The Bulls covered the spread as 7-point underdogs, and the teams scored 216 total points to go under the 219-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2020||Mavericks||Bulls||-7||219||-284||232||Regular Season||109-107 CHI*|
|1/6/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8.5||218||-409||315||Regular Season||118-110 DAL*|
|11/12/2018||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 DAL|
|10/22/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-109 DAL|
|3/2/2018||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-100 CHI|
|1/5/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-124 CHI|
|1/17/2017||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-98 DAL|
|12/3/2016||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-82 DAL|
|1/15/2016||–||Bulls||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||83-77 DAL|
|12/26/2015||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-111 DAL|
- 3/2/2020 DNP – Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis, Seth Curry; Bulls: Zach LaVine, Lauri Markkanen
- 1/6/2020 DNP – Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis; Bulls: Otto Porter Jr.
- The Mavericks are the NBA’s 24th-highest scoring team (106.6 PPG), while the Bulls allow their opponents the 29th-fewest points per game (123.5) in the league.
- The Mavericks have put up only 15 more points than their opponents this year (an average of three per game), while the Bulls have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 59 total points, -9.8 per game).
- Luka Doncic leads the Mavericks in scoring (24.4 points per game), rebounding (7.6 per game) and assisting (6.4 per game).
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 8.5 assists, 2.1 higher than his season average of 6.4.
- The Mavericks are led by Hardaway from beyond the arc. He hits 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.7 shots greater than his season average of 2.8.
- Dallas’ steals leader is James Johnson, who collects 1.6 per game. Maxi Kleber leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks an outing.
- Kleber’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 blocks higher than his season average of 0.8.
- Zach LaVine owns the Bulls top spot in scoring with 22.2 points per game and also tacks on 4.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per contest.
- LaVine’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 1.3 points greater than his season average of 22.2.
- When it comes to Chicago leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Wendell Carter Jr. with 7.8 rebounds per game and White with 5.7 assists per game.
- White’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 24.5.
- White is tops from three-point range for the Bulls, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- White’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Nobody on Chicago grabs more steals than LaVine (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Daniel Gafford (1.0 per game).
- LaVine’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from