The Houston Rockets (13-37) are big, underdogs as they try to turn around a five-game losing streak when they host the Dallas Mavericks (28-21) on Wednesday, April 7 at Toyota Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Rockets Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 7
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Wrist),
Tyrell Terry: Day To Day (Personal),
Maxi Kleber: Day To Day (Leg),
Trey Burke: Day To Day (Calf),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Armoni Brooks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Avery Bradley: Day To Day (Knee),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle),
John Wall: Day To Day (Knee)
Mavericks and Rockets Records ATS
- Dallas is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 25-24.
- The Mavericks are 1-0 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least an 11.5-point favorite.
- Dallas and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 20 of 49 games this season (40.8%).
- Houston holds a losing record ATS this season with 16 wins, 33 losses, and one tie ATS.
- Houston and its opponents have often been held under the total points bet this season, only hitting the over in 40% (20) of their 50 games played.
Head to Head
Eric Gordon scored a team-high 33 points to lead the Rockets over Luka Doncic (26 points) and the Mavericks 133-108 in their last matchup on January 23, 2021. The Mavericks were favored by 7 points in the game, but the Rockets covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 241 total points to cover the 222.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Mavericks||Mavericks||-7||222.5||-279||225||Regular Season||133-108 HOU|
|1/4/2021||Rockets||Rockets||-4||230||-164||136||Regular Season||113-100 DAL|
- Dallas and its opponents have hit the over on Wednesday’s 225 total in 18 out of 49 games (36.7%) this season.
- 21 Houston games this year (42% of its matchups) ended with a final total higher than Wednesday’s total of 225 points.
- On average, the over/under in Mavericks games is 3.5 points fewer than the over/under of 225 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is three points more than the average over/under in Rockets’ games this season (222 points).
- The average implied total for the Mavericks this season is 114.8 points, 3.2 fewer points than their implied total of 118 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Dallas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (118) 15 times this season.
- The 115-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is eight more points than the team’s 107-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 25 times this season.
- The Mavericks are the NBA’s 19th-highest scoring team (111.8 PPG), while the Rockets allow their opponents the 24th-fewest points per game (114.2) in the league.
- The Mavericks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 103 points this season (2.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 321 more points on the year (6.4 per game).
- Doncic leads the Mavericks in scoring (28.6 points per game) and assisting (8.8 assists per game).
- Doncic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 38.5, 7.0 less than his season average of 45.5.
- Kristaps Porzingis paces Dallas with 8.9 rebounds per game.
- Porzingis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 1.9 higher than his season average of 30.6.
- Doncic connects on 3.1 threes per game to lead the Mavericks.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.4 shots greater than his season average of 3.1.
- Dallas’ blocks leader is Porzingis, who collects 1.6 per game. Doncic leads the team averaging 1.0 steal an outing.
- Doncic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.5 steals less than his season average of 1.0.
- Christian Wood holds the top Rockets spot in two categories: scoring (20.9 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the matchup is set at 28.5, 3.4 lower than his season average of 31.9.
- John Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.8 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 0.2 greater than his season average of 30.3.
- Gordon leads the Rockets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Gordon’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Jae’Sean Tate (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.3 per game).
- Wood’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.8 blocks lower than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from