Kristaps Porzingis leads the Dallas Mavericks (23-20) into a matchup against the New Orleans Pelicans (19-25) after scoring 31 points in a 109-94 loss to the Pacers. The Mavericks are 2-point favorites in the matchup on Saturday, March 27, 2021, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on FS-NO. The matchup has an over/under of 229 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 27, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 27
Luka Doncic: Out (Low Back),
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Nicolo Melli: Out (Not With Team),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Lonzo Ball: Out (Hip)
Mavericks and Pelicans Records ATS
- Dallas’ record against the spread is 20-23 this season.
- The Mavericks have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 2 points, going 11-12 this season.
- Dallas and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 19 of 43 games this season (44.2%).
- New Orleans has a 20-23 record ATS this season.
- The Pelicans only hold a 6-13 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 2-point underdog.
- 28 of New Orleans’ 43 games (65.1%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Mavericks defeated the Pelicans 143-130 in the last meeting between the two teams on February 12, 2021. Luka Doncic scored 46 points to lead the Mavericks, and Zion Williamson scored 36 points for the Pelicans. The Mavericks covered the spread as 3-point favorites, and the teams scored 273 total points to hit the over on the 233.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2021||Mavericks||Mavericks||-3||233.5||-145||122||Regular Season||143-130 DAL|
- Dallas’ games this year have gone over the point total for Saturday’s matchup point total (229 points) in 37.2% of opportunities (16 out of 43 matchups).
- 25 New Orleans games this year (56.8% of its matchups) finished with a final point total greater than Saturday’s over/under of 229 points.
- This season the average total for Mavericks games is 223 points, six fewer than the over/under of 229 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 1.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (230.5 points).
- The Mavericks’ average implied point total this season is 1.2 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (114.8 implied points on average compared to 116 implied points in this game).
- Dallas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (116) 16 times this season.
- The 115.9-point average implied total on the season for the Pelicans is 1.9 more points than the team’s 114-point implied total in this matchup.
- New Orleans has scored more than 114 points in 25 games on the season.
- The Mavericks are the league’s 18th-highest scoring team (112 PPG), while the Pelicans allow the 25th-fewest points per game (115.1) in NBA action.
- The Mavericks have totaled 43 more points than their opponents this season (one per game on average), and the Pelicans have scored just 14 more points than their opponents (0.3 per game).
- Doncic leads the Mavericks in scoring (28.6 points per game) and assisting (9.1 assists per game).
- Doncic’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.1 points lower than his season average of 28.6.
- Porzingis paces Dallas with 8.9 rebounds per game.
- Porzingis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 1.3 lower than his season average of 30.8.
- The Mavericks are led by Tim Hardaway Jr. from long distance. He makes 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Josh Richardson leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Porzingis collects 1.6 blocks a game to pace Dallas.
- Richardson’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.5 steals less than his season average of 1.0.
- Williamson owns the Pelicans top spot in scoring with 26.0 points per game and also tacks on 7.1 rebounds and 3.5 assists per contest.
- Williamson’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 0.1 less than his season average of 36.6.
- Steven Adams (9.0 rebounds per game) and Lonzo Ball (5.6 assists per game) are the New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Ball’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at , his season average of 23.9.
- Ball leads the Pelicans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and James Johnson leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from