The Boston Celtics (23-24) host the Dallas Mavericks (24-21) as underdogs after Jayson Tatum went off for 34 points in the Celtics’ 115-109 loss to the Pelicans. The game airs on ESPN at 7:30 PM ET on Wednesday, March 31. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 31, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Celtics Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 31
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jaylen Brown: Day To Day (Hip),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Semi Ojeleye: Out (Side)
Mavericks and Celtics Records ATS
- Dallas is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 21-24
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Mavericks are 12-13 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Dallas and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 20 of 45 games this season (44.4%).
- Boston has a 22-25 record against the spread this season.
- As at least a 1-point underdog, the Celtics often come up short with only a 13-15 record against the spread.
- Boston and its opponents have regularly hit the over this season, doing so in 53.2% (25) of its 47 games played.
Head to Head
Luka Doncic (31 points) led the Mavericks over Jaylen Brown (29 points) and the Celtics 110-107 in their most recent matchup on February 23, 2021. The Celtics were favored by 2.5 points in the game, but the Mavericks covered the spread. The 217 total points in the matchup fell short of the 223.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2021||Celtics||Mavericks||-2.5||223.5||-137||114||Regular Season||110-107 DAL|
- In Dallas’ matchups this season, the Mavericks and their opponents have eclipsed Wednesday’s total of 225 points 18 times (40% of opportunities).
- In 26 out of Boston’s 47 games this season (55.3%), the competing teams scored more points than the total in Wednesday’s matchup.
- This season the average total for Mavericks games is 223.1 points, 1.9 fewer than the over/under of 225 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 1.4 points more than the average over/under in Celtics’ games this season (223.6 points).
- The average implied total for the Mavericks this season is 114.9 points, 1.9 more points than their implied total of 113 points in Wednesday’s game.
- This season, Dallas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 22 times.
- The 113.5-point average implied total on the season for the Celtics is 1.5 more points than the team’s 112-point implied total in this matchup.
- Boston has scored more than 112 points in 24 games this season.
- The Mavericks are the NBA’s 17th-highest scoring team (112.2 PPG), while the Celtics allow their opponents the 15th-fewest points per game (111.3) in the league.
- The Mavericks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 55 points this season (1.3 points per game on average), and the Celtics have put up 48 more points than their opponents on the year (one per game).
- Doncic leads the Mavericks in points and assists. He puts up 28.5 points per game while tacking on 9.0 assists.
- Doncic’s assists prop total for the game is posted at 9.5 assists, 0.5 assists higher than his season average of 9.0.
- Dallas is led in rebounds by Kristaps Porzingis’ 8.9 per game.
- Porzingis’ rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 9.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.9.
- Doncic is the top three-point shooter for the Mavericks, hitting 3.0 per game.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Dallas’ steals leader is Doncic, who averages 1.0 per game. Porzingis leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks a contest.
- Doncic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals greater than his season average of 1.0.
- Tatum owns the Celtics top spot in scoring with 25.3 points per game and also tacks on 6.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists per contest.
- Tatum’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 3.2 points greater than his season average of 25.3.
- Tristan Thompson (8.4 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (5.3 assists per game) are the Boston leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 0.2 greater than his season average of 21.3.
- Kemba Walker makes more threes per game than any other member of the Celtics, averaging 2.9 treys per game.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots higher than his season average of 2.9.
- Nobody on Boston grabs more steals than Smart (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Robert Williams III (1.9 per game).
- Williams’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.6 blocks higher than his season average of 1.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from