The South Carolina State Bulldogs (3-16, 0-3 MEAC) hope to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Maryland-Eastern Shore Hawks (9-8, 2-1 MEAC) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at S-H-M Memorial Center. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Hawks ( ).
The betting facts in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
South Carolina State vs Maryland-Eastern Shore Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
South Carolina State Offense Vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore Defense
|South Carolina State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maryland-Eastern Shore Defense|
|74.0 (140)||Points/Gm||67.5 (128)|
|7.8 (283)||Possessions/Game||12.5 (255)|
|41.8 (311)||Field Goal %||45.3 (276)|
|30.6 (323)||3PT %||31.4 (83)|
|46.4 (337)||Effective FG %||51.5 (254)|
|50.0 (337)||True Shooting %||58.3 (279)|
Maryland-Eastern Shore Offense Vs. South Carolina State Defense
|Maryland-Eastern Shore Offense||Stats (Rank)||South Carolina State Defense|
|67.7 (284)||Points/Gm||85.7 (364)|
|12.5 (108)||Possessions/Game||7.8 (75)|
|42.4 (290)||Field Goal %||50.6 (363)|
|33.3 (222)||3PT %||39.1 (355)|
|49.0 (272)||Effective FG %||58.3 (363)|
|51.0 (317)||True Shooting %||63.1 (352)|
Best Betting Sites For South Carolina State vs Maryland-Eastern Shore
South Carolina State Betting Insights
- South Carolina State has put together an 8-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- A total of 11 out of South Carolina State’s 18 games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score more than 146 points in 13 of 18 games this season.
- The average total in South Carolina State’s matchups this year is 159.7, 13.7 more points than this game’s over/under.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Betting Insights
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has won nine games against the spread this year, while failing to cover five times.
- When playing as at least 0.5-point underdogs this season, the Hawks have an ATS record of 5-4.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore’s games have hit the over eight out of 14 times this year.
- The Hawks have combined with their opponent to score more than 146 points in three of 14 games this season.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore’s matchups this season have a 135.2-point average over/under, 10.8 fewer points than this game’s total.
South Carolina State Key Players
- Rakeim Gary leads the Bulldogs in points and assists. He averages 11.5 points per game while adding 2.8 assists.
- South Carolina State’s rebounding leader is Davion Everett, who grabs 5.9 per game.
- The Bulldogs are led by Gary from long distance. He connects on 1.7 shots from deep per game.
- South Carolina State’s blocks leader is Dallas James, who collects 0.8 per game. Jordan Simpson leads the team averaging 1.2 steals an outing.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Key Players
- The Hawks leader in scoring is Da’Shawn Phillip with 10.6 points per game. He also adds 2.9 rebounds per game and 1.4 assists per game.
- The Maryland-Eastern Shore leaders in rebounds and assists are Nate Pollard (7.9 rebounds per game) and Ahamadou Fofana (2.7 assists per game).
- Phillip is tops from three-point range for the Hawks, hitting 1.5 treys per game.
- Nobody on Maryland-Eastern Shore grabs more steals than Fofana (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Pollard (0.8 per game).