The Marquette Golden Eagles (5-5) are favorites as they attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Georgetown Hoyas (3-5) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Capital One Arena. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on CBSS. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 2, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Marquette Betting Information
- With a mark of 4-5, Marquette has a losing record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles are 2-1 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 4.5-point favorite.
- Marquette and its opponents have hit the over in 5 of 9 games this season (55.6%).
- The Golden Eagles fell to the Wildcats 85-68 and failed to cover the spread as 5.5-point underdogs, while going over the 140.5 point total in their last contest on Wednesday. Jamal Cain scored a team-high 15 points in the loss.
Marquette Players to Watch
Georgetown Betting Information
- The Hoyas have met expectations of oddsmakers this season with an even 3-3 record against the spread.
- The Hoyas hold an even 1-1 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- Two of the Hoyas six games (33.3%) this season have failed to covered the point total.
Georgetown Players to Watch
- Marquette’s games this year have gone over the point total for Saturday’s matchup (149 points) in 15 out of 10 opportunities (150% of matchups).
- In four out of Georgetown’s eight games this season (50%), the competing teams scored more points than the point total in Saturday’s matchup.
- The over/under for the game of 149 is 1.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Golden Eagles (75.3 points per game) and the Hoyas (75.2 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 1.9 fewer points than the 147.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020-21.
- The Golden Eagles have seen a 146.2 average over/under in their games this season, 2.8 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.5 points separates the average total points bet in Hoyas games (151.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (149 points).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Marquette||Marquette||-8||151||-388||293||Regular Season||93-72 MARQ|
|1/18/2020||Georgetown||Georgetown||-3.5||153||-176||141||Regular Season||84-80 MARQ|
|3/9/2019||N/A||Marquette||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-84 GTOWN|
|1/15/2019||N/A||Georgetown||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-71 MARQ|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from