The Toronto Maple Leafs areon the moneyline to win in Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, while the Tampa Bay Lightning have odds to come out on top when the teams meet on Wednesday. The total in this game has been set at .
The betting trends in the article below reflect odds as of May 4, 2022 at 6:12 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Maple Leafs Vs. Lightning Betting Odds
Maple Leafs Vs. Lightning Player Props
Injury Report as of May 4
Maple Leafs: Kyle Clifford: Out (Suspension), William Nylander: Probable (Food Poisoning), Petr Mrazek: Out (Groin), Michael Bunting: Probable (Lower Body), Rasmus Sandin: Out (Knee)
|Maple Leafs Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lightning Defense|
|3.83 (2)||Goals/Game||2.80 (6)|
|34.5 (7)||Shots/Game||29.7 (7)|
|11.1% (4)||Shooting %||9.5% (12)|
|10.1 (30)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||6.7 (18)|
|Lightning Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maple Leafs Defense|
|3.48 (7)||Goals/Game||3.09 (19)|
|30.8 (17)||Shots/Game||30.5 (9)|
|11.3% (3)||Shooting %||10.1% (22)|
|5.5 (1)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||8.2 (4)|
Maple Leafs And Lightning Betting Trends
- The Maple Leafs have won 70.4% of their games this season when favored on the moneyline (50-21).
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter, Toronto has a record of 42-20 (winning 67.7%).
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Maple Leafs a 57.4% chance to win.
- This season the Lightning have been an underdog 10 times, and won four of those games.
- Tampa Bay has gone 1-3 when it’s been set as an underdog of +115 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 46.5% chance of victory for the Lightning.
Head to Head
In the most recent matchup between these teams, Toronto earned a 5-0 victory. Auston Matthews had two goals and one assist for the Maple Leafs. Riley Nash’s and Erik Cernak’s were among the top performances for the Lightning.
|5/2/2022||Maple Leafs||Maple Leafs||-1.5||6.5||5-0 TOR|
|12/9/2021||Maple Leafs||Maple Leafs||-1.5||5.5||5-3 TB|
|11/4/2021||Maple Leafs||Maple Leafs||-1.5||5.5||2-1 TOR|
Maple Leafs Leaders
- One of Toronto’s top offensive players this season is Matthews, who has put up 106 points in 73 games.
- Mitchell Marner has 97 points (35 goals, 62 assists) to add to the team’s scoring efforts.
- Through 81 games, William Nylander has proven himself as another option for Toronto. He has 80 points (35 goals and 45 assists).
- Across 49 games played, Jack Campbell has a goaltending record of 26-8-1. During those games, he’s allowed 123 goals while recording 1309 saves.
- Steven Stamkos has put up 107 points (1.3 per game) for Tampa Bay, with 42 goals and 65 assists in 81 games (playing 18:28 per game).
- Victor Hedman is one of the impact players on offense for Tampa Bay with 86 total points (1.0 per game), with 20 goals and 66 assists in 82 games.
- Nikita Kucherov has netted 25 goals on the season, chipping in 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has a 32-17-1 record this season, with a .917 save percentage (20th in the league). He has 1714 saves, and has conceded 155 goals (2.5 goals against average).