The latest betting odds for this matchup have the Maple Leafs listed atto win on the moneyline. The Canadiens are currently to claim victory for this contest on Saturday. This contest has a total of .
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of April 9, 2022 at 4:13 PM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Maple Leafs Vs. Canadiens Betting Odds
Maple Leafs Vs. Canadiens Player Props
Injury Report as of April 9
Maple Leafs: Petr Mrazek: Out (Groin), Ondrej Kase: Out (Concussion), Rasmus Sandin: Out (Knee)
Canadiens: Carey Price: Out (Knee), Paul Byron: Out (Undisclosed), Jeff Petry: Probable (Lower Body), Jonathan Drouin: Out (Upper Body), Michael Pezzetta: Probable (Upper Body), Justin Barron: Out (Undisclosed)
|Maple Leafs Offense||Stats (Rank)||Canadiens Defense|
|3.86 (2)||Goals/Game||3.82 (32)|
|34.6 (6)||Shots/Game||34.5 (30)|
|11.1% (4)||Shooting %||11.1% (29)|
|10.0 (26)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||5.9 (25)|
|Canadiens Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maple Leafs Defense|
|2.61 (28)||Goals/Game||3.08 (17)|
|29.5 (23)||Shots/Game||30.6 (11)|
|8.8% (29)||Shooting %||10.1% (23)|
|11.6 (32)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||8.1 (5)|
Maple Leafs And Canadiens Betting Trends
- The Maple Leafs have been favored on the moneyline 63 times this season, and have gone 43-20 in those games.
- Toronto is yet to play a game with moneyline odds of -400 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Maple Leafs’ implied win probability is 80.0%.
- The Canadiens have been an underdog in 58 games this season, and won 16 (27.6%).
- Montreal is 2-5 this season when entering a game as an underdog by +310 or more on the moneyline.
- The Canadiens have a 24.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
Head to Head
Montreal earned a 4-2 victory in the last meeting between these teams. The Maple Leafs were led by William Nylander (one goal) and Auston Matthews (one goal). Christian Dvorak and Paul Byron were two of the four Canadiens skaters to score one goal each.
|3/26/2022||Maple Leafs||Canadiens||-1.5||6.5||4-2 MON|
|2/21/2022||Maple Leafs||Canadiens||-1.5||6.5||5-2 MON|
|10/13/2021||Maple Leafs||Maple Leafs||-1.5||6.0||2-1 TOR|
Maple Leafs Leaders
- Matthews is one of Toronto’s top contributors this season with 97 points. He has averaged 0.8 goals per game, shooting 17.8%.
- Mitchell Marner has 89 points (31 goals, 58 assists) to add to the team’s offensive efforts.
- Toronto’s offensive effort is aided by John Tavares’ 89 points. He’s contributed 43 assists.
- Jack Campbell (22-8-1) has a 2.7 goals against average and a save percentage of .912 for Toronto.
- Nicholas Suzuki has scored 19 goals (0.3 per game) and collected 34 assists (0.5 per game), contributing to the Montreal offense with 53 total points (0.7 per game). He takes 2.4 shots per game, shooting 11.4%.
- Cole Caulfield has racked up 37 total points (0.7 per game) this season. He has 17 goals and 20 assists.
- Rem Pitlick has posted 13 goals on the season, adding 20 assists.
- Jake Allen is 9-18-2 on the season, allowing 106 goals (3.3 goals against average) and compiling 1002 saves with a .904 save percentage (32nd in the league).