The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) are underdogs as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Orlando Magic (4-1) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Amway Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-FL.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 2, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Thunder Betting Odds
Magic vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 2
Magic: Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee), Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee), Terrence Ross: Day To Day (Right Hamstring), Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee), Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Back Spasms), James Ennis III: Out (Hamstring)
Thunder: Ty Jerome: Out (Left Ankle), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Magic and Thunder Records ATS
- Orlando managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 35-41-2 against the spread.
- The Magic had a winning record against the spread when favored by 7.5 points or more, going 5-3 last season.
- Orlando and its opponents hit the over in 41 of 78 games last season (52.6%).
- With a 46-31-1 record ATS last season, Oklahoma City outplayed expectations ATS last season.
- The Thunder were at least an 7.5-point underdog 12th times last season, where they had a record of 2-9 against the spread.
- Oklahoma City and its opponents often were held under last season, only hitting the over in 46.2% (36) of their 78 games played.
Head to Head
Nikola Vucevic (28 points) led the Magic past Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (23 points) and the Thunder 118-107 in their last matchup on Tuesday. The Magic were favored by 6.5 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 225 total points in the matchup went over the 218-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2020||Magic||Thunder||-6.5||218||-253||206||Regular Season||118-107 ORL|
|1/22/2020||Magic||Magic||-2.5||209.5||-137||115||Regular Season||120-114 OKC|
|11/5/2019||Thunder||Thunder||-3||201.5||-149||125||Regular Season||102-94 OKC|
|2/5/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-122 OKC|
|1/29/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-117 OKC|
|2/26/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-105 OKC|
|11/29/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-108 ORL|
|3/29/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-106 OKC|
|11/13/2016||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-117 ORL|
|2/3/2016||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-114 OKC|
- Last season, the Magic were at the 24th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (107.3 PPG), while the Thunder allowed the seventh-fewest points per game (108.6) in the league.
- The Magic had a negative point differential last season (-120 total points, -1.5 per game), while the Thunder scored 98 more points than their opponents (1.2 per game).
- Vucevic leads the Magic in points and rebounds. He contributes 19.8 points per game while tacking on 11.2 rebounds.
- Vucevic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 33.5, 1.1 lower than his season average of 34.6.
- The team is led in assists by Markelle Fultz’s 5.4 per game.
- Fultz’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 4.7 lower than his season average of 25.2.
- Vucevic is the top three-point shooter for the Magic, knocking down 2.4 per game.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 2.4.
- Orlando’s blocks leader is Michael Carter-Williams, who records 0.6 per game. Evan Fournier leads the team averaging 1.4 steals an outing.
- Fournier’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
- Al Horford racked up 4.0 assists and 6.8 rebounds per game a season ago.
- Gilgeous-Alexander averaged 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza averaged 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from