The Orlando Magic (13-18) are favorites as they attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (8-22) on Tuesday, February 23 at Amway Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-FL. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of February 22, 2021, 6:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Pistons Betting Odds
Magic vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 23
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Aaron Gordon: Out (Ankle),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Delon Wright: Out (Right Adductor),
Blake Griffin: Out (Not with Team),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Magic and Pistons Records ATS
- Orlando’s record against the spread is 15-16 this season.
- The Magic have a winning record against the spread when favored by 3 points or more, going 4-2 this season.
- Orlando and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 45.2% of its games this season (14/31).
- In their games this season, Detroit has come up with a balanced record of 13-13-3 ATS.
- As at least a 3-point underdog, the Pistons often have trouble covering with only a 0-1 record against the spread.
- 15 of Detroit’s 29 games (51.7%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Magic knocked off the Pistons 105-96 in the last meeting between the teams on February 21, 2021. Jerami Grant scored 24 points to pace the Pistons, and Nikola Vucevic scored 37 points for the Magic. The Magic covered the spread as 3-point favorites, and the teams fell short of the 210.5-point over/under after combining to score 201.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2021||Magic||Magic||-3||210.5||-155||128||Regular Season||105-96 ORL*|
- 2/21/2021 DNP – Magic: Aaron Gordon, Markelle Fultz
Pistons: Blake Griffin, Delon Wright
- Orlando’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Tuesday’s matchup total (208.5 points) in 20 out of 31 opportunities (64.5% of matchups).
- In 70% of Detroit’s games this season (21 of 30), the total points scored was greater than Tuesday’s 208.5-point over/under.
- The Magic have seen a 216.4 average over/under in their games this season, 7.9 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 11.6 points separates the average total points bet in Pistons’ games (220.1 points) and this matchup’s over/under (208.5 points).
- The average implied total for the Magic this season is 111.9 points, 5.9 more points than their implied total of 106 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Orlando has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (106) 13 times this season.
- The Pistons’ average implied point total on the season (112.8 points) is 9.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (103 points).
- Detroit has scored more than 103 points in 18 games this season.
- The Magic are the league’s 28th-highest scoring team (105.5 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 18th-fewest points per game (108.9) in NBA play.
- The Magic have a -164-point scoring differential on the season (-5.3 per game). The Pistons have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-33 total points, -1.1 per game).
- Vucevic leads the Magic in scoring (24.1 points per game) and rebounding (11.7 rebounds per game).
- Vucevic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 3.0 less than his season average of 39.5.
- The squad is led in assists by Markelle Fultz’s 5.4 per game.
- Fultz’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Evan Fournier is the top three-point shooter for the Magic, hitting 2.5 per game.
- Fournier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Vucevic leads the team with 1.1 steals per game. Mohamed Bamba collects 0.8 blocks a contest to pace Orlando.
- Bamba’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- The Pistons leader in scoring is Grant with 23.5 points per game. He also adds 5.1 rebounds per game and 3.0 assists per game.
- Grant’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 33.5, 1.9 higher than his season average of 31.6.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.0 rebounds per game) and Delon Wright (4.9 assists per game).
- Wright’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 2.3 greater than his season average of 20.2.
- Wayne Ellington leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Wright is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Grant’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from