The Orlando Magic (6-7) are just favorites as they attempt to break a four-game road losing streak when they square off against the New York Knicks (6-8) on Monday, January 18, 2021 at Madison Square Garden. The game airs at 12:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Knicks Betting Odds
Magic vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 18
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Out (Back Spasms),
Mo Bamba: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle)
Magic and Knicks Records ATS
- Orlando has compiled a 7-6 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Magic are 4-1 against the spread this season.
- Orlando and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 46.2% of its games this season (6/13).
- New York has a 6-8 record ATS this season.
- The Knicks only hold a 0-2 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 1.5-point underdog.
- New York and its opponents have often been held under the total points bet this season, only claiming the over in 28.6% (4) of their 14 games played.
Head to Head
Julius Randle (22 points) led the Knicks past Nikola Vucevic (25 points) and the Magic 105-103 in their most recent matchup on February 6, 2020. The Magic were favored by 3.5 points in the game, but the Knicks covered the spread. The 208 total points in the matchup went over the 206.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||Magic||Knicks||-3.5||206.5||-162||135||Regular Season||105-103 NY*|
|10/30/2019||Magic||Magic||-9.5||209.5||-487||360||Regular Season||95-83 ORL*|
|4/3/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-100 ORL|
|2/26/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-103 NY|
|11/18/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-117 ORL|
|11/11/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-89 ORL|
|4/3/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-73 ORL|
|2/22/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-113 NY|
|12/3/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 ORL|
|11/8/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-99 ORL|
- 2/6/2020 DNP – Knicks: Marcus Morris
- 10/30/2019 DNP – Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- Orlando and its opponents have gone over Monday’s 206.5 total in 53 out of 13 games (407.7%) this year.
- In New York’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Monday’s matchup point total in seven out of 14 matchups (50%).
- This season, the average total for Magic games is 218.3 points, 11.8 more than the over/under of 206.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.1 points separates this game’s over/under (206.5 points) and the average total points bet in Knicks’ games (205.4 points) this season.
- The Magic’s average implied point total this season is 9.2 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (113.2 implied points on average compared to 104 implied points in this game).
- Orlando has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (104) 41 times.
- The Knicks’ average implied point total on the season (110.5 points) is 7.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (103 points).
- New York has scored more than 103 points in eight games this season.
- The Magic are the NBA’s 27th-highest scoring team (106.1 PPG), while the Knicks allow their opponents the second-fewest points per game (104.1) in the league.
- The Magic have a negative point differential on the season (-80 total points, -6.1 per game), as do the Knicks (-39 total points, -2.8 per game).
- The Magic points and rebounds leader is Vucevic. He puts up 22.8 points per game and pulls down 10.8 rebounds.
- Vucevic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 0.3 points lower than his season average of 22.8.
- Markelle Fultz paces the squad with 5.4 assists per game.
- Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic is the top three-point shooter for the Magic, hitting 2.7 per game.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Orlando’s blocks leader is Michael Carter-Williams, who collects 0.6 per game. Evan Fournier leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Carter-Williams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 0.6.
- Randle has shown out this season to lead the Knicks in points (22.9 per game), rebounds (10.6 per game), and assists (6.5 per game).
- Randle’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 6.5 less than his season average of 40.0.
- Austin Rivers leads the Knicks in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.0 made threes per game.
- Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 2.0.
- One New York player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Mitchell Robinson averages 1.5 steals per game and 1.9 blocks per game.
- Robinson’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from