The Louisville Cardinals (6-5) take college football’s 14th-ranked rushing attack into a matchup with the Kentucky Wildcats (8-3), who have the No. 21 rushing defense. The Cardinals, listed aton the spread, serve as host on November 27, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET against the Wildcats, on the moneyline to win. Bookmakers have installed a total of points for the matchup.
In this article we outline key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need to know before placing a bet on the game.
This article references odds updated as of November 27, 2021 at 7:04 PM ET. Browse all the up-to-date odds for this outing in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Louisville Vs. Kentucky Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Louisville Offense Vs. Kentucky Defense
|Cardinals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wildcats Defense|
|32.9 (33)||Points/Gm||22.2 (38)|
|449.1 (18)||Yards/Gm||335.7 (35)|
|231.0 (64)||Pass Yards/Gm||220.3 (62)|
|218.1 (14)||Rush Yards/Gm||115.5 (21)|
|8.1 (42)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (41)|
|5.5 (6)||Yards/Rush||3.7 (33)|
|39.7% (69)||3rd Down %||38.9% (61)|
|7 (17)||Turnovers||6 (114)|
|4 (22)||Sacks||12 (20)|
Kentucky Offense Vs. Louisville Defense
|Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Louisville Defense|
|31.6 (44)||Points/Gm||24.7 (54)|
|422.9 (47)||Yards/Gm||391.4 (86)|
|232.1 (61)||Pass Yards/Gm||253.8 (110)|
|190.8 (34)||Rush Yards/Gm||137.5 (55)|
|8.0 (48)||Yards/Pass||6.9 (34)|
|5.2 (17)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (67)|
|50.4% (7)||3rd Down %||35.1% (29)|
|17 (122)||Turnovers||10 (59)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||15 (6)|
When Louisville Has The Ball
- The Cardinals have committed only 7 turnovers this season (17th in college football). The Wildcats have forced 6, which ranks 114th.
- Louisville ranks sixth with 5.5 yards per carry, compared to the 3.7 per rush Kentucky gives up (33rd in the FBS).
- The Cardinals’ offense ranks 18th in the FBS in yards per game (449.1), while the Wildcats rank 35th in yards allowed (335.7).
- Louisville is successful on 39.7% of its third-down plays (69th in college football). Kentucky’s defense gives up third-down conversions at a 38.9% clip (61st).
When Kentucky Has The Ball
- The Cardinals have forced 10 turnovers (59th-most in the FBS), and the Wildcats have committed 17 turnovers (sixth-most in college football).
- Kentucky ranks 17th with 5.2 yards per carry, compared to the 4.1 per rush Louisville gives up (67th in the FBS).
- The Wildcats average 232.1 passing yards per game (61st in the FBS) compared to the 253.8 per game the Cardinals allow (110th in college football).
- Kentucky’s offense ranks 47th in the FBS in yards per game (422.9), while Louisville ranks 86th in yards allowed (391.4).
Louisville Betting Trends And Insights
- Louisville has covered six times in 11 games with a spread this season.
- The Cardinals have covered the spread three times this season (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Louisville’s games have hit the over four out of 11 times this season.
- Louisville’s 11 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 57.5 points five times.
- The Cardinals have won 80% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (4-1).
Kentucky Betting Trends And Insights
- Kentucky has put together a 7-4-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Wildcats have been an underdog by 3 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread both times.
- Kentucky and its opponents have combined to hit the over seven out of 11 times this season.
- Kentucky has combined with its opponents to score more than 57.5 points in four of 11 games this season.
- This season, the Wildcats have won one out of the four games in which they’ve been the underdog.
Louisville Players To Watch
- Malik Cunningham has thrown for 2,471 yards while completing 62% of his passes (183-of-295), with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions this year (224.6 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 150 times for 933 yards and 18 touchdowns, averaging 84.8 yards per game.
- So far this year Jalen Mitchell has run for 669 yards on 144 carries (60.8 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Jordan Watkins has 32 catches, leading his team with 498 yards (45.3 ypg) while hauling in four touchdowns this season.
- Marshon Ford has hauled in 41 catches for 462 yards (42.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyler Harrell has 443 receiving yards on 14 receptions, with five touchdowns, averaging 49.2 yards per game.
Kentucky Players To Watch
- This year, Will Levis has recorded 2,446 passing yards (222.4 yards per game) while connecting on 201 of 306 passes (65.7% completion percentage), with 23 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has added 274 rushing yards on 78 carries (plus five touchdowns), averaging 24.9 yards per game.
- Christopher Rodriguez Jr. has picked up a team-high 1,150 rushing yards (104.5 yards per game) and scored eight touchdowns.
- So far this year Kavosiey Smoke has rushed for 375 yards on 73 carries (34.1 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Wandale Robinson has 84 catches and paces his team with 1,068 receiving yards (97.1 ypg) while scoring seven touchdowns.
- Josh Ali has hauled in 37 catches for 553 yards (61.4 yards per game) and three touchdowns.
- Izayah Cummings has caught 13 passes for 182 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 26.0 yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from