Each week, The Lines gives you a glance at movement in betting markets in the NFL. Both sportsbooks and bettors are starting to get a good idea of which teams are true contenders to win this year’s Super Bowl and which teams are also-rans as we enter the home stretch of the season. Here is a look at market movement ahead of Week 13 and an early betting preview of Week 14.
NFL Week 13 market movement
Odds shown here are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Game||Lookahead line||Current spread||Moneyline|
|Cincinnati at Miami||Dolphins -9.5||Dolphins -10.5||Dolphins -560, Bengals +440|
|Cleveland at Tennessee||Titans -3||Titans -4||Titans -210, Browns +180|
|Detroit at Chicago||Bears -3||Bears -3||Bears -155, Lions +135|
|Indianapolis at Houston||Colts -3||Colts -3.5||Colts -178, Texans +158|
|Jacksonville at Minnesota||Vikings -8.5||Vikings -10.5||Vikings -470, Jaguars +380|
|Las Vegas at New York Jets||Raiders -8||Raiders -7.5||Raiders -360, Jets +290|
|New Orleans at Atlanta||Saints -3.5||Saints -2.5||Saints -143, Falcons +123|
|LA Rams at Arizona||Rams -2||Rams -2.5||Rams -145, Cardinals +125|
|New York Giants at Seattle||Seahawks -7.5||Seahawks -11||Seahawks -625, Giants +485|
|New England at LA Chargers||Chargers -2.5||Chargers -2||Chargers -130, Patriots +110|
|Philadelphia at Green Bay||Packers -7.5||Packers -8||Packers -415, Eagles +335|
|Denver at Kansas City||Chiefs -13||Chiefs -13||Chiefs -750, Broncos +550|
|Washington at Pittsburgh||Steelers -10.5||Steelers -5.5||Steelers -257, Washington +217|
|Buffalo at San Francisco||Bills -2.5||49ers -1.5||49ers -118, Bills +100|
|Dallas at Baltimore||Ravens -7||Ravens -7.5||Ravens -370, Cowboys +295|
The biggest Week 13 market moves and adjustments from last week’s lookahead lines include:
- Cleveland at Tennessee: Titans from -3 to () vs. Browns
- Jacksonville at Minnesota: Vikings from -8.5 to () vs. Jaguars
- New York at Seattle: Seahawks from -7.5 to () vs Giants
- Washington at Pittsburgh: Steelers from -10 to () vs WFT
The Washington at Pittsburgh game was moved back and added to the Monday Night Football schedule after the Steelers played on Wednesday in Week 12. Bettors are supporting the WFT team with extra rest off their Thanksgiving Day roast over the Cowboys and see the scheduling, rest and preparation favoring Washington.
Both DraftKings and FanDuel sportsbooks opened the Vikings at -9.5 and have moved Minnesota up to a double-digit favorite over Jacksonville with WR Adam Thielen (Covid-19) and his 11 touchdowns returning to the lineup after missing last week’s game. The Jaguars (1-10) have lost 10 straight games this season and QB Mike Glennon makes his second straight start following last week’s return, his first start since 2017, in a 27-25 home loss to the Browns. The Jaguars had their first turnover-free and sack-free game of the season last week while the Vikings rallied to beat the Panthers despite three turnovers and two defensive touchdowns by Carolina. Minnesota (5-6) can move to .500 for the first time this season with a win and keep their playoff hopes alive following a 1-5 start to the season.
Cleveland (8-3) at Tennessee (8-3) features two of the most run-heavy teams in the league with both teams averaging 32 rushing attempts per game. Titans RB Derrick Henry (1,257) leads the league in rushing while Browns RB Nick Chubb leads all running backs in yards per rush (6.3). The Browns are closing in on ending the NFL’s longest playoff drought (17 years). Bettors are more impressed with the Titans’ 45-26 crushing of the Colts last week with 229 rushing yards and 220 passing yards. The Titans are up to a 6-point favorite over the Browns.
The most popular teams and Week 13 spread bets as of Friday at FanDuel Sportsbook were:
- Colts 85% of bets and 81% of money (handle) over Texans
- Chiefs 85% of bets and 86% of money over Broncos
- Raiders 84% of bets and 78% of money over Jets
- Packers 86% of bets and 77% of money over Eagles
NFL Week 14 lines
NFL Week 14 lookahead odds from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Game||Lookahead line||Current spread||Moneyline|
|New England at LA Rams||Rams -6.5||Rams -5||Rams -240, Patriots +200|
|Arizona at New York Giants||Cardinals -3||Cardinals -3||Cardinals -158, Giants +134|
|Dallas at Cincinnati||Cowboys -3.5||Cowboys -3.5||Cowboys -196, Bengals +164|
|Denver at Carolina||Panthers -4||Panthers -3||Panthers -172, Broncos +144|
|Houston at Chicago||Texans -1||Texans -1.5||Texans -120, Bears +102|
|Kansas City at Miami||Chiefs -7.5||Chiefs -7||Chiefs -340, Dolphins +275|
|Minnesota at Tampa Bay||Buccaneers -6||Buccaneers -6.5||Buccaneers -300, Vikings +250|
|Tennessee at Jacksonville||Titans -9.5||Titans -7.5||Titans -355, Jaguars +285|
|Indianapolis at Las Vegas||Colts -2.5||Colts -3||Colts -148, Raiders +126|
|New York Jets at Seattle||Seahawks -13.5||Seahawks -13.5||Seahawks -850, Jets +590|
|Atlanta at LA Chargers||Falcons -1.5||Falcons -2||Falcons -142, Chargers +120|
|Green Bay at Detroit||Packers -7.5||Packers -7.5||Packers -430, Lions +340|
|New Orleans at Philadelphia||Saints -6.5||Saints -7||Saints -330, Eagles +265|
|Washington at San Francisco||49ers -5.5||49ers -3.5||49ers -188, Washington +158|
|Pittsburgh at Buffalo||Steelers -2.5||Bills -1.5||Bills -124, Steelers +106|
|Baltimore at Cleveland||Ravens -2||Ravens -2.5||Ravens -138, Browns +118|
Week 14 betting breakdown
Some key Week 14 games between playoff contending teams that should generate sizable betting action include:
- Pittsburgh (-2.5) at Buffalo (+2.5): Both teams will be coming off Monday Night Football games with the Steelers (11-0) looking to continue their undefeated season if they win in Week 12. Pittsburgh also has the best ATS record (8-3) in the league tied with Miami. The Steelers lead the AFC North by three games while the Bills (8-3) are holding a one game lead over the Dolphins in the AFC East and those two teams meet in Buffalo in Week 17.
- Kansas City (-7.5) at Miami (+7.5). The defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs (10-1) are chasing the Steelers for the AFC No. 1 playoff seed with only one team earning a bye in the new playoff format. The Dolphins (7-4) are trying to make the playoffs and still a favorite to do so (-116) at FanDuel sportsbook just one year removed from an 0-8 start to the 2019 season and considered one of the worst NFL teams in decades (see 2020 Jets).