The Cal Poly Mustangs (7-13, 1-7 Big West) will attempt to break a seven-game losing streak when they host the Long Beach State Beach (10-10, 4-4 Big West) on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at Mott Athletics Center. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Beach’s (to win on the moneyline) game with the Mustangs ( ).
The insights in the following article reference odds valid as of January 26, 2023 at 9:39 PM ET.
Long Beach State vs Cal Poly Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Long Beach State Offense Vs. Cal Poly Defense
|Long Beach State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cal Poly Defense|
|77.1 (65)||Points/Gm||65.4 (73)|
|12.1 (284)||Possessions/Game||16.5 (255)|
|45.9 (107)||Field Goal %||43.5 (170)|
|29.3 (347)||3PT %||33.3 (159)|
|49.4 (259)||Effective FG %||49.7 (167)|
|54.9 (166)||True Shooting %||55.6 (204)|
Cal Poly Offense Vs. Long Beach State Defense
|Cal Poly Offense||Stats (Rank)||Long Beach State Defense|
|62.4 (349)||Points/Gm||74.5 (309)|
|16.5 (106)||Possessions/Game||12.1 (75)|
|43.1 (259)||Field Goal %||41.8 (83)|
|31.8 (297)||3PT %||34.2 (209)|
|48.8 (282)||Effective FG %||48.9 (139)|
|52.4 (266)||True Shooting %||56.8 (244)|
Best Betting Sites For Long Beach State vs Cal Poly
Long Beach State Betting Insights
- Long Beach State is 7-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Beach have covered the spread twice when favored by 4.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- Long Beach State and its opponents have combined to hit the over 10 out of 18 times this season.
- Beach games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 141 points 13 times.
- The average total in Long Beach State’s contests this year is 151.6, 10.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Cal Poly Betting Insights
- Cal Poly has covered 11 times in 18 chances against the spread this year.
- The Mustangs have been an underdog by 4.5 points or more 10 times this season, and covered the spread in seven of those matchups.
- A total of five Cal Poly’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Mustangs have played four games this season that have had more than 141 combined points scored.
- The average total for Cal Poly’s games this season is 127.8 points, 13.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Long Beach State Key Players
- Joel Murray leads the Beach in scoring (15.7 points per game) and assists (3.8 assists per game).
- Long Beach State’s rebounding leader is Lassina Traore, who pulls down 10.3 per game.
- The Beach are led by Marcus Tsohonis from long distance. He knocks down 1.1 shots from deep per game.
- Long Beach State’s blocks leader is Aboubacar Traore, who records 0.6 per game. Murray leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a game.
Cal Poly Key Players
- The Mustangs leader in scoring is Alimamy Koroma with 10.8 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds per game and 0.4 assists per game.
- TJ Taylor (4.9 rebounds per game) and Kobe Sanders (2.4 assists per game) are the Cal Poly leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Chance Hunter is tops from three-point range for the Mustangs, hitting 1.5 treys per game.
- Sanders tops Cal Poly in steals with 1.4 per game, and Koroma leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.