The Jacksonville Jaguars take a four-game losing streak into a matchup against the Detroit Lions on Sunday, October 18 at TIAA Bank Field. Detroit is a three-point favorite in the contest. The game’s point total is set at 54.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
- Lions games average 56.5 total points per game this season– 2.5 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- Jaguars games average 51.2 total points– 2.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Lions games have gone over 54 points on two occasions this season.
- In two games this season, the Jaguars have combined with their opponents to go over 54 points.
- The two teams average a combined 46.6 points per contest– 7.4 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Jaguars are the league’s 26th-highest scoring team this season, compared to the 19th-ranked Lions.
- These two teams yield a combined 61.2 points per game– 7.2 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Detroit is the NFL’s 29th-ranked scoring defense while Jacksonville is the 24th-ranked.
Lions Betting Insights
- Three out of four of Detroit’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- Detroit is just 1-3 against the spread.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville’s games have hit the over in three out of five opportunities this season.
- Jacksonville has compiled a 2-3 record against the spread this season.
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions average 24.8 points this year– 4.6 fewer than the 29.4 the Jaguars give up in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Detroit is 1-1 and 1-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.4 points.
- The Jaguars defense has allowed an average of 416.8 yards per game– 82.8 yards more than the 334 the Lions average per contest. The Lions average 5.4 yards per play and the Jaguars give up 6.6.
- When Detroit hits their season average yard output, they are 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- When the Jacksonville defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Jaguars give up an average of 136.6 rushing yards per game. That’s 34.8 more yards than the Lions gain running the football in 2020 (101.8).
- When Detroit rushes for at least 101.8 yards this season, they are 0-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- This season, when the Jacksonville defense allows less than 136.6 yards on the ground, they are 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- This season, the Jaguars force an average of one turnover per game. The Lions average 0.8 turnovers per game.
- When Detroit doesn’t turn the football over this season, they are 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Jacksonville’s record this season when they force more than one turnover: 1-2 ATS, 1-2 overall
When the Jaguars Have the Ball
- The Jaguars score 21.8 points per game– 10 fewer than the Lions surrender per outing (31.8).
- When Jacksonville scores at least 21.8 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- Detroit has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games when it allows 24.8 points or less.
- The Jaguars average 38.6 fewer yards per game (366.4) than the Lions allow per matchup (405). The Jaguars average 5.7 yards per play, while the Lions allow 6.2 per play.
- Detroit has a 1-2 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 405 yards or less.
- This season, the Jaguars average 98.4 rushing yards per game– 71.8 fewer per game than the Lions allow per contest (170.2).
- Jacksonville has a 1-0 ATS record and a 0-1 overall record when they run for at least 98.4 yards.
- Detroit is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when holding opponents to 170.2 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Jaguars turn the ball over 1.4 times per game– 0.4 more turnovers per game than the Lions force on average (one).
- Jacksonville has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.4 times or less.
- This season, Detroit has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it forces at least one turnover.
Lions Players to Watch
- Matthew Stafford has thrown for 1,017 yards, eight touchdowns, and three picks on 60.6% completion (254.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 10 times for 45 yards, averaging 11.3 yards per game.
- Adrian Peterson has taken 54 attempts for 245 rushing yards (61.3 yards per game) and a touchdown in four games.
- In four games, Kerryon Johnson has run for 71 yards on 21 carries (17.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- T.J. Hockenson has 15 catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns. He has been targeted 20 times and averages 45 yards per game.
- Danny Amendola has added on 177 yards on 10 grabs, averaging 44.3 receiving yards per game.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has caught 12 passes on 19 targets for 138 yards and one touchdown, averaging 34.5 yards per game.
- Romeo Okwara has a team-high two sacks, and has also added three TFL and 10 tackles over four games.
- This year, Tracy Walker has totaled 26 tackles and two TFL.
- Darryl Roberts has one interception, eight tackles, and two passes defended four in games this season.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Gardner Minshew has thrown for 1,439 yards, 10 touchdowns, and four interceptions while completing 69.9% of his passes (287.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 18 times for 87 yards, averaging 17.4 yards per game.
- Rookie James Robinson has churned out 333 rushing yards (66.6 yards per game) and three touchdowns in five games. He has added 19 catches for 183 yards (36.6 receiving yards per game).
- In his rookie year, Laviska Shenault Jr. has 23 catches (28 targets) for 270 yards (54 per game) and one touchdown in five games.
- D.J. Chark has contributed with 18 catches for 220 yards and three touchdowns in four games this year. He has been targeted 20 times and averages 55 receiving yards per game.
- Keelan Cole has caught 21 passes on 28 targets for 219 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 43.8 yards per game.
- Josh Jones has totaled a team-high 40 tackles so far this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from