Two of the nation’s toughest defenses square off when the Liberty Flames (7-3) bring college football’s 12th-ranked scoring defense into a matchup with the No. 22 Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (9-1), who have the No. 15 scoring defense. The Flames () play host to the Ragin’ Cajuns ( on the moneyline to win) on November 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The total for the contest is set at points.
In this article we surface key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need before making a bet on the game.
The betting trends in this article are based off odds valid as of November 20, 2021 at 4:05 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Liberty Vs. Louisiana Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Liberty Offense Vs. Louisiana Defense
|Flames Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ragin’ Cajuns Defense|
|35.1 (24)||Points/Gm||19.2 (15)|
|446.2 (22)||Yards/Gm||319.1 (21)|
|251.4 (48)||Pass Yards/Gm||185.8 (20)|
|194.8 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||133.3 (46)|
|9.3 (7)||Yards/Pass||7.2 (60)|
|4.7 (43)||Yards/Rush||3.9 (50)|
|45.4% (28)||3rd Down %||38.9% (62)|
|11 (77)||Turnovers||5 (117)|
|12 (100)||Sacks||7 (78)|
Louisiana Offense Vs. Liberty Defense
|Louisiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Liberty Defense|
|31.2 (51)||Points/Gm||18.7 (12)|
|394.1 (65)||Yards/Gm||316.6 (20)|
|213.1 (81)||Pass Yards/Gm||182.2 (17)|
|181.0 (46)||Rush Yards/Gm||134.4 (51)|
|7.9 (52)||Yards/Pass||6.5 (23)|
|5.0 (28)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (23)|
|41.8% (54)||3rd Down %||33.3% (22)|
|5 (9)||Turnovers||8 (86)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||9 (54)|
When Liberty Has The Ball
- The Flames average 9.3 yards per pass attempt (seventh in the FBS), and the Ragin’ Cajuns allow 7.2 per pass (60th in college football).
- Liberty’s offense is 77th-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (11), and is facing the 117th-ranked team in turnovers forced, Louisiana (5).
- The Flames convert 45.4% of their third downs (28th in college football), while the Ragin’ Cajuns’ defense ranks 62nd in that category (38.9%)
- Liberty’s 251.4 passing yards per game ranks 48th in the FBS. Louisiana’s defense allows 185.8 through the air (20th in college football).
When Louisiana Has The Ball
- The Ragin’ Cajuns offense is ninth-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (5), and are playing the 86th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Flames (8).
- Louisiana averages 213.1 passing yards per game (81st in the FBS). It plays the Flames’ defense which ranks 17th, giving up 182.2 yards per game through the air.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 394.1 yards per game to rank 65th in the FBS. They take on a Flames defense ranked 20th, allowing 316.6 yards per game.
- Liberty has the 12th-ranked scoring defense (18.7 points per game). Louisiana’s 51st-ranked scoring offense puts up 31.2 points per game.
Liberty Betting Trends And Insights
- Liberty has compiled a 5-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Flames have been favored by 4 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- A total of three out of Liberty’s nine games this season have gone over the point total.
- In five games this season, Liberty and its opponents have scored more than 54 total points.
- The Flames have been the moneyline favorite six total times this season. They’ve gone 4-2 in those games.
Louisiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Louisiana has covered four times in 10 chances against the spread this year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have covered the spread once when an underdog by 4 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- This year, games featuring Louisiana have hit the over just twice.
- Louisiana has played five games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 54 points.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Liberty Players To Watch
- Malik Willis has thrown for 2,164 yards while completing 66.4% of his passes (156-of-235), with 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year (216.4 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 153 times for 755 yards and 10 touchdowns, averaging 75.5 yards per game.
- Josh Mack has run for 406 yards on 100 carries (45.1 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Demario Douglas has 42 catches and paces his team with 623 receiving yards (69.2 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns.
- C.J. Daniels has tacked on 27 catches for 468 yards and seven touchdowns this year. He averages 46.8 receiving yards per game.
- Kevin Shaa has caught 18 passes for 274 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 34.3 yards per game this year.
Louisiana Players To Watch
- Levi Lewis has thrown for 2,059 yards while completing 63.4% of his passes (166-of-262), with 15 touchdowns and four interceptions this year (205.9 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 58 times for 172 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 17.2 yards per game.
- Chris Smith has run for a team-leading 722 yards on 116 carries (72.2 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns.
- So far this year Montrell Johnson has rushed for 628 yards on 115 carries (69.8 ypg), with 10 rushing touchdowns.
- Michael Jefferson has hauled in 11 receptions for 319 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 53.2 receiving yards per game.
- Peter Leblanc has contributed with 285 yards on 28 catches and one touchdown. He averages 35.6 receiving yards per game this year.
- Dontae Fleming has collected 271 yards on 20 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 30.1 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from