Leonard Fournette and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl on Sunday at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s some insights and tips around Fournette’s rushing and receiving yards prop bets in that matchup.
Leonard Fournette Super Bowl Player Props
Leonard Fournette Props: What You Need To Know
Seemingly back from the grave (a star running back’s second team), Leonard Fournette is leaving a scorched Earth in his wake this postseason; he’s even earned the nickname “Playoff Lenny” from his sudden dominance. Over his last six games, Fournette has found the end zone six times, including on a dazzling touchdown run against the Packers that broke out every move in the book.
As successful coaches in the postseason do, expect Bruce Arians to ride the hot hand in Super Bowl LV. The Chiefs are 31st in the NFL in rush EPA allowed this season and 24th in yards per carry allowed (4.6). Fournette also has the benefit of running behind one of the better offensive lines in the NFL that includes guard Ali Marpet and center Ryan Jensen (both eighth at their position in run blocking per PFF).
Fournette’s success this postseason has been due in part to who he’s running behind, but also thanks to his ability to make guys miss in a multitude of ways in the open field. He’s also a threat in the passing game, being targeted 17 times in the playoffs (14 receptions). Since taking over as the feature back (averaged 50-55% of snaps in the regular season to 70-85% in the playoffs), Fournette has become another real weapon for Tampa Bay.
Though Arians will likely ride Tom Brady with a championship on the line, Fournette should see plenty of opportunities in this game against a susceptible Kansas City run defense.
Leonard Fournette: Super Bowl Prop Checklist
- Rushing yards: O/U 48.5 (-110)
- Rushing attempts: Over 11.5 (-105), Under 11.5 (-118)
- Receiving yards: O/U 23.5 (-115)
- Receptions made: O/U 3.5 (-110)
- Longest reception: Over 11.5 (+115), Under 11.5 (-143)
- To score a touchdown (+125)
- To score 2+ touchdowns (+850)
- To score 3+ touchdowns (+5000)
- To score a first half touchdown (+300)
- To score a second half touchdown (+280)
- To score first touchdown (+1200)
- To score last touchdown (+1200)
Best Super Bowl Prop Bets
Fournette’s Game-by-Game Stats
|Week||Opponent||Off. Snaps||Carries||Rush Yards||Rush TDs||Receptions||Yards||TDs|
|NFC Wild Card Round||@Washington||63||19||93||1||4||39||0|
|NFC Divisional Round||@Saints||49||17||63||0||5||44||1|
Rushing Yards Betting Trends
- The Chiefs allow 122.1 yards per game on the ground, good for the NFL’s 20th-ranked rush defense.
- Sunday’s rushing yards prop bet for Fournette is set at 55.5 yards. That’s 19.4 more than his season average of 36.1.
- In 18.8% of his games this season (three of 16 matchups), Fournette has put up more than 55.5 rushing yards.
- Fournette has fallen short of his season rushing yards prop average (43) by 6.9 yards.
- Fournette has not covered his rushing yards prop bet total in more than half his games, covering just five out of 15 times (33.3%).
- Fournette has out-rushed his season-long rushing yards prop bet average (43) in only 43.8% of his games (seven out of 16 matchups).
Receiving Yards Betting Trends
- Fournette is averaging 20.9 receiving yards per game, 2.4 more than his prop bet over/under for Sunday’s game (18.5).
- In 43.8% of his games this season (seven of 16), Fournette has totaled more than 18.5 receiving yards.
- The Chiefs sport the 14th-best pass defense in the league this season, giving up 248.0 yards per game.
- In only seven of his 16 games (43.8%), Fournette has outpaced his average receiving yards prop bet of 17.9 yards.
- Fournette’s average prop bet for receiving yards is an over/under of 17.9 per game. He has collected 3.0 more per game than that average.
- Fournette has gone over on receiving yards prop bets in just seven of his 15 games (46.7%).
Odds and insights reflect consensus player props available as of January 28, 2021. CLICK HERE to place your bet on Leonard Fournette or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Chiefs Betting Odds
- Powered By Data Skrive using data from