The Portland Trail Blazers (1-1) visit the Los Angeles Lakers (2-1) as favorites after CJ McCollum scored 44 points in the Trail Blazers’ 128-126 victory over the Rockets. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 10:00 PM ET on Monday, December 28, 2020.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 28, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Lakers vs Trail Blazers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 28
Lakers: Anthony Davis: Out (Right Calf)
Trail Blazers: Nassir Little: Day To Day (Self Isolating), Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Lakers and Trail Blazers Records ATS
- Los Angeles compiled a 47-43-2 record against the spread last season.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Lakers were 34-33-2 against the spread last season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents went over the set total in only 44 of 92 games last season (47.8%).
- With a 34-42-4 record ATS, Portland did not always cover the spread last season.
- The Trail Blazers held an even 10-10 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- Portland and its opponents regularly hit the over last season, doing so in 57.5% (46) of its 80 games played.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams, the Lakers took down the Trail Blazers 131-122. Anthony Davis led the Lakers with 43 points, and McCollum paced the Trail Blazers with 36. The Trail Blazers covered the spread as 13-point underdogs, and the teams scored 253 total points to hit the over on the 223.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/24/2020||Lakers||Trail Blazers||-7.5||226.5||-343||273||Playoffs||135-115 LAL|
|8/22/2020||Lakers||Trail Blazers||-7.5||224.5||-336||271||Playoffs||116-108 LAL|
|1/31/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-13||231.5||-981||663||Regular Season||127-119 POR*|
|12/28/2019||Lakers||Trail Blazers||-5||223.5||-220||180||Regular Season||128-120 LAL*|
|12/6/2019||Lakers||Trail Blazers||-4.5||224.5||-196||161||Regular Season||136-113 LAL*|
|4/9/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 POR|
|11/14/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-117 LAL|
- 8/29/2020 DNP – Trail Blazers: Damian Lillard
- 1/31/2020 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic, Carmelo Anthony
- 12/28/2019 DNP – Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic
- 12/6/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley; Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic
- Last season, the Lakers were at the 11th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.3 PPG), while the Trail Blazers allowed the 26th-fewest points per game (116.3) in the league.
- The Lakers totaled 555 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), while the Trail Blazers were out-scored by 134 total points (1.7 per game average differential).
- Davis was solid last season with 26.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
- LeBron James dished out 10.2 assists per game.
- Davis grabbed 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard scored 30.0 points per game last season and recorded 8.0 assists.
- Robert Covington pulled down 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Covington recorded 1.7 steals and 1.0 block per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from