The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-20) are underdogs against the Los Angeles Lakers (21-7) at Target Center on Tuesday, February 16. The game begins at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of February 16, 2021, 6:42 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Lakers vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 16
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Alex Caruso: Day To Day (Hand),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle)
Jarrett Culver: Out (Left Ankle),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
Lakers and Timberwolves Records ATS
- Los Angeles’ record against the spread is 13-15 this season.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Lakers are 7-10 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 42.9% of its games this season (12/28).
- Minnesota holds a losing record ATS this season with 12 wins, 13 losses, and two ties ATS.
- Minnesota and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only claiming the over in 48.1% (13) of their 27 games played.
Head to Head
The Lakers got a team-high 20 points from Kyle Kuzma on the way to a 127-91 victory over Anthony Edwards (15 points) and the Timberwolves in their most recent matchup on December 27, 2020. The Lakers were 10-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 218 total points to finish below the 229-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/27/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-10||229||-528||388||Regular Season||127-91 LAL*|
- 12/27/2020 DNP – Lakers: Anthony Davis;
Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
- In Los Angeles’ matchups this season, the Lakers and their opponents have exceeded Tuesday’s point total of 223.5 points 11 times (39.3% of opportunities).
- In 59.3% of Minnesota’s games this season (16 of 27), the total points scored was more than Tuesday’s 223.5-point over/under.
- This season the average total for Lakers games is 218.7 points, 4.8 fewer than the over/under of 223.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Timberwolves’ games this season (223.9 points).
- The average implied total for the Lakers this season is 114.9 points, 1.1 fewer points than their implied total of 116 points in Tuesday’s game.
- Los Angeles has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) nine times this season.
- The 116.3-point average implied total on the season for the Timberwolves is 8.3 more points than the team’s 108-point implied total in this matchup.
- Minnesota has scored more than 108 points 17 times this season.
- The Lakers are the NBA’s 14th-highest scoring team (112.9 PPG), while the Timberwolves allow their opponents the 26th-fewest points per game (115.7) in the league.
- The Lakers have totaled 198 more points than their opponents this season (7.1 per game on average), while the Timberwolves have been out-scored by 202 total points (7.5 per game average differential).
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He puts up 25.5 points per game while tacking on 7.9 assists.
- James’ points prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 1.0 point less than his season average of 25.5.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who averages 8.4 per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 35.5, 1.6 greater than his season average of 33.9.
- James is the top three-point shooter for the Lakers, knocking down 2.6 per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Davis leads Los Angeles in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.8 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
- Davis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is at the top of the Timberwolves scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.6 points per game and 11.3 rebounds per game this season.
- Towns’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 1.1 greater than his season average of 36.4.
- Ricky Rubio puts in work dishing out assists and is Minnesota’s assist leader with 6.2 per game.
- Rubio’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 4.5 higher than his season average of 16.0.
- Malik Beasley leads the Timberwolves in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.4 made threes per game.
- Beasley’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Nobody on Minnesota grabs more steals than Rubio (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Towns (2.1 per game).
- Rubio’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from