The Los Angeles Lakers (1-1) are heavy, favorites against the Minnesota Timberwolves (2-0) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on NBA TV.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 27, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Lakers vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 27
Lakers: Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Right Calf), LeBron James: Day To Day (Left Ankle)
Timberwolves: Jaylen Nowell: Out (Left Calf)
Lakers and Timberwolves Records ATS
- Los Angeles compiled a 47-43-2 record against the spread last season.
- The Lakers had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 10 points, going 12-14-1 last season.
- Only 44 of 92 Los Angeles games last season (47.8%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota held a losing record ATS last season with 23 wins, 40 losses, and one tie ATS.
- The Timberwolves only held a 0-2 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 10-point underdog.
- 42.2% of Minnesota’s 64 games last season fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
The Lakers took down the Timberwolves 142-125 in the last meeting between the two teams on Sunday. Anthony Davis scored 50 points to lead the Lakers, and Andrew Wiggins scored 19 points for the Timberwolves. The Lakers covered the spread as 10.5-point favorites, and the teams scored 267 total points to hit the over on the 227.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/8/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-10.5||227.5||-585||436||Regular Season||142-125 LAL*|
|1/24/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-105 MIN|
|1/6/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-86 MIN|
|11/7/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-110 LAL|
|10/29/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-120 MIN|
|4/6/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-96 MIN|
|2/15/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-111 MIN|
|1/1/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-96 MIN|
|12/25/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-104 MIN|
|4/9/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-109 LAL|
- 12/8/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley
- Last season, the Lakers were the NBA’s 11th-highest scoring team (113.3 PPG), while the Timberwolves allowed their opponents the 28th-fewest points per game (117.5) in the league.
- The Lakers totaled 555 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), while the Timberwolves were out-scored by 275 total points (4.3 per game average differential).
- Davis averaged 26.1 points per game last season while also adding 9.3 rebounds.
- LeBron James dished out 10.2 assists per game.
- Davis grabbed 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Karl-Anthony Towns put up 26.5 points per game last season while tacking on 10.8 rebounds.
- Ricky Rubio racked up 8.8 assists per game.
- Rubio swiped 1.4 steals per game. Towns collected 1.2 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from