The Los Angeles Lakers (3-2) face the San Antonio Spurs (2-2) as favorites on Friday, January 1, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Spurs Betting Odds
Lakers vs Spurs Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Lakers: Alex Caruso: Out (Hand/Health protocols)
Spurs: LaMarcus Aldridge: Day To Day (Knee), Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Lakers and Spurs Records ATS
- Los Angeles had a 47-43-2 record ATS last year.
- The Lakers were 19-22-1 against the spread last season when they were at least a 7-point favorite.
- Only 44 of 92 Los Angeles games last season (47.8%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- San Antonio generally came up short ATS last season, with a 30-39-2 record.
- When playing as at least a 7-point underdog last season, the Spurs frequently came up short with only a 2-8 record against the spread.
- San Antonio and its opponents regularly covered the total points bet last season, doing so in 59.2% (42) of its 71 games played.
Head to Head
LeBron James (26 points) led the Lakers past Dejounte Murray (29 points) and the Spurs 121-107 in their last matchup on Wednesday. The Lakers were favored by 7.5 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 228 total points in the matchup went under the 231-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/30/2020||Lakers||Spurs||-7.5||231||-335||266||Regular Season||121-107 LAL|
|2/4/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-10.5||227||-636||464||Regular Season||129-102 LAL|
|11/25/2019||Lakers||Spurs||-4.5||223||-190||158||Regular Season||114-104 LAL*|
|11/3/2019||Lakers||Spurs||-1.5||218||-122||100||Regular Season||103-96 LAL|
|12/7/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-120 SA|
|12/5/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-113 LAL|
|10/27/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-106 SA|
|10/22/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||143-142 SA|
|4/4/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-112 LAL|
|3/3/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-112 LAL|
- 11/25/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley
- In Los Angeles’ matchups last season, the Lakers and their opponents exceeded Friday’s point total of 230.5 points 26 times (28.3% of opportunities).
- In San Antonio’s games last season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Friday’s matchup point total in 30 out of 71 matchups (42.3%).
- The Lakers saw a 220.6 average over/under in their games last season, 9.9 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.3 points more than the average over/under in Spurs’ games last season (229.2 points).
- The Lakers’ average implied point total last season was 4.7 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (114.3 implied points on average compared to 119 implied points in this game).
- Los Angeles scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (119) 33 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Spurs (114.8) is 2.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- San Antonio scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 39 times last season.
- Last season, the Lakers were the league’s 11th-highest scoring team (113.3 PPG), while the Spurs allowed the 25th-fewest points per game (115.2) in NBA action.
- The Lakers scored a total of 555 more points than their opponents last year (an average of six per game), while the Spurs were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 79 total points, -1.1 per game).
- James leads the Lakers in scoring (23.4 points per game), rebounding (7.0 per game) and assisting (6.8 per game).
- James’ rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 8.5 boards, 1.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 7.0.
- The Lakers are led by Kyle Kuzma from long distance. He hits 2.2 shots from deep per game.
- Kuzma’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Marc Gasol collects 1.2 blocks an outing to pace Los Angeles.
- Gasol’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
- DeMar DeRozan scored 22.1 points per game and averaged 5.6 assists per contest last season.
- LaMarcus Aldridge collected 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Murray swiped 1.7 steals per game. Aldridge collected 1.6 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from