The Los Angeles Lakers (8-3) are favored (by 4.5 points) to continue a five-game road win streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (3-5) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 222.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 12, 2021, 4:07 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Rockets Betting Odds
Lakers vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 12
Wesley Matthews: Out (Achilles),
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Ankle),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Adductor),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle)
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Lower leg),
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Back),
John Wall: Day To Day (Migraine),
Brodric Thomas: Day To Day (Ankle)
Lakers and Rockets Records ATS
- Los Angeles is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 5-6
- The Lakers have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points, going 4-5 this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 4 of 11 games this season (36.4%).
- Houston has generally come up short ATS this season, with a 3-5 record.
- When they play as at least a 4.5-point underdog, the Rockets tend to outperform with a 2-1 record against the spread.
- Four of Houston’s eight games (50%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Lakers took down the Rockets 120-102. Anthony Davis led the Lakers with 27 points, and Christian Wood paced the Rockets with 23. The Lakers covered the spread as 4-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 222 total points to go under the 224-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2021||Lakers||Rockets||-4||224||-180||149||Regular Season||120-102 LAL|
|8/6/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-3.5||227.5||-162||134||Regular Season||113-97 HOU*|
|2/6/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-6||239.5||-251||206||Regular Season||121-111 HOU|
|1/18/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-2.5||235.5||-140||118||Regular Season||124-115 LAL*|
|2/21/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 LAL|
Rockets: Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon
- In Los Angeles’ matchups this season, the Lakers and their opponents have gone over Tuesday’s total of 222 points 45 times (409.1% of opportunities).
- Five Houston games this year (62.5% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Tuesday’s total of 222 points.
- The Lakers have seen a 220.6 average over/under in their games this season, 1.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 3.5 points separates the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (225.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (222 points).
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 3.5 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (116.5 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Los Angeles has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 51 times this season.
- The 116.1-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is 7.1 more points than the team’s 109-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has scored more than 109 points in four games this season.
- The Lakers are at the eighth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (114.5 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 19th-fewest points per game (112.8) in the league.
- The Lakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 91 points this season (8.3 points per game on average), while the Rockets have an even point differential on the year.
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He puts up 24.0 points per game while adding 7.7 assists.
- James’ points prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 1.5 points greater than his season average of 24.0.
- Davis paces Los Angeles with 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 2.8 greater than his season average of 34.7.
- James is the top three-point shooter for the Lakers, connecting on 2.1 per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Davis racks up 1.3 steals and 1.6 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Davis’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- James Harden takes the top spot on the Rockets scoring and assist lists, putting up 26.0 points and 11.0 assists per game.
- Harden’s assists prop over/under for the contest is set at 7.5 assists, 3.5 lower than his season average of 11.0.
- Wood’s 9.7 rebounds per game paces Houston’s rebounding effort. He also adds 23.3 points per game.
- Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 1.8 lower than his season average of 34.3.
- Harden makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, cashing in 3.4 treys per game.
- Harden’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Houston’s John Wall has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Wood is first in blocks with 1.9 per game.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.2 points of each other.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from