The Los Angeles Lakers (7-3) visit the Houston Rockets (3-4) after winning four road games in a row. The Lakers are favored by points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 10, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 10, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Rockets Betting Odds
Lakers vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 10
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Right Adductor),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Left Ankle)
Ben McLemore: Day To Day (Ankle),
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Back),
Brodric Thomas: Out (Ankle)
Lakers and Rockets Records ATS
- With a mark of 4-6, Los Angeles has a losing record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Lakers are 4-5 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Only 4 of 10 Los Angeles games this season (40%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 3-4 record ATS, Houston has not always covered the spread this season.
- When they play as at least a 3.5-point underdog, the Rockets manage an even 2-2 record against the spread.
- In seven games this season, Houston covered the total points bet in exactly half of their games.
Head to Head
The Lakers took down the Rockets 119-96 in the last meeting between the teams. James Harden scored 30 points to lead the Rockets, and LeBron James scored 29 points for the Lakers. The Lakers covered the spread as 6.5-point favorites, and the teams fell short of the 217-point over/under after combining to score 215.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/6/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-3.5||227.5||-162||134||Regular Season||113-97 HOU*|
|2/6/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-6||239.5||-251||206||Regular Season||121-111 HOU|
|1/18/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-2.5||235.5||-140||118||Regular Season||124-115 LAL*|
|2/21/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 LAL|
|1/19/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||138-134 HOU|
- 8/6/2020 DNP – Lakers: LeBron James; Rockets: Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon
- 1/18/2020 DNP – Lakers: Anthony Davis
- The Lakers are the league’s 11th-highest scoring team (113.9 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 20th-fewest points per game (111.7) in NBA play.
- The Lakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 73 points this season (7.3 points per game on average), and the Rockets have put up only 18 more points than their opponents on the year (2.6 per game).
- The Lakers points and assists leader is James. He puts up 24.6 points per game and contributes 7.8 assists.
- James’ assists prop total for the matchup is listed at 8.5 assists, 0.7 assists higher than his season average of 7.8.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Anthony Davis’ 9.1 per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 35.5, 0.5 higher than his season average of 35.0.
- James is the top three-point shooter for the Lakers, connecting on 2.2 per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- Davis leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Marc Gasol collects 1.5 blocks a contest to pace Los Angeles.
- Davis’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Harden’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Rockets scoring and assists leaderboards with 27.0 points per game and 11.3 assists per game.
- Harden’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 2.5 points higher than his season average of 27.0.
- Christian Wood collects all of the boards and is the Houston leader in rebounds, pulling down 10.8 per game.
- Wood’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 7.5 boards, 3.3 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.8.
- Harden is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, hitting 3.7 threes per game.
- Harden’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 0.8 shots greater than his season average of 3.7.
- Houston’s Eric Gordon has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Wood is first in blocks with 2.0 per game.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 blocks lower than his season average of 2.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from