The Detroit Pistons (5-17) are big, 13.5-point underdogs as they look to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers (17-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Staples Center. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The matchup’s over/under is set at 218.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of February 6, 2021, 6:42 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Pistons Betting Odds
Lakers vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 6
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Right Calf),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Lakers and Pistons Records ATS
- Los Angeles is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 12-11.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 30.4% of its games this season (7/23).
- Detroit has an 11-10-1 record ATS this season.
- Detroit and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 54.5% (12) of its 22 games played.
Head to Head
The Pistons got a team-high 23 points from Blake Griffin on the way to a 107-92 win against Kyle Kuzma (22 points) and the Lakers in their last matchup on January 28, 2021. The Lakers were 7.5-point favorites in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 199 total points to finish under the 214.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/28/2021||Lakers||Pistons||-7.5||214.5||-338||268||Regular Season||107-92 DET*|
- Los Angeles’ games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup over/under (218 points) in 12 out of 23 opportunities (52.2% of matchups).
- 13 Detroit games this year (59.1% of its matchups) ended with a final point total higher than Saturday’s over/under of 218 points.
- The Lakers have seen a 215.4 average over/under in their games this season, 2.6 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Pistons’ games this season (220.1 points).
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 0.9 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (115.1 implied points on average compared to 116 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Los Angeles has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) seven times.
- The 113-point average implied total on the season for the Pistons is 11 more points than the team’s 102-point implied total in this matchup.
- Detroit has scored more than this game’s implied total of 102 points 16 times this season.
- The Lakers are the league’s 15th-highest scoring team (111.9 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (112.7) in NBA action.
- The Lakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 191 points this season (8.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pistons have out-scored them by 115 more points on the year (5.2 per game).
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He averages 25.1 points per game while adding 7.6 assists.
- James’ assists prop total for the game is set at 8.5 assists, 0.9 assists greater than his season average of 7.6.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Anthony Davis’ 8.8 per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 38.5, 4.6 greater than his season average of 33.9.
- James connects on 2.7 threes per game to lead the Lakers.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Davis averages 1.5 steals and 1.9 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Los Angeles.
- Davis’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Jerami Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 23.6 points per game and also tacks on 5.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per contest.
- Grant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 16.5, 7.1 points lower than his season average of 23.6.
- Mason Plumlee (8.7 rebounds per game) and Delon Wright (4.5 assists per game) are the Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Wright’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 14.5, 3.4 lower than his season average of 17.9.
- Wayne Ellington is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, hitting 3.1 threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Wright is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.5 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Grant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from