Two of the NBA’s top scorers face off when LeBron James (sixth, 25.6 PPG) and the Los Angeles Lakers (21-6) visit Nikola Jokic (eighth, 26.7 PPG) and the Denver Nuggets (14-11) on Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN. The Lakers are 1.5-point favorites. The matchup has an over/under of 216.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of February 13, 2021, 4:42 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Nuggets Betting Odds
Lakers vs Nuggets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 13
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Greg Whittington: Out (Knee),
Gary Harris: Day To Day (Left Adductor),
PJ Dozier: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Lakers and Nuggets Records ATS
- Los Angeles is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 13-14
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Lakers are 12-14 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 40.7% of its games this season (11/27).
- Denver holds a losing record ATS this season with 11 wins and 14 losses ATS.
- For the 18th time this season, the Nuggets are at least a 1.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 9-8 against the spread.
- 18 of Denver’s 25 games (72%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Lakers knocked off the Nuggets 114-93 in the last meeting between the two teams on February 4, 2021. Jamal Murray scored 20 points to pace the Nuggets, and James scored 27 points for the Lakers. The Lakers covered the spread as 5-point favorites, and the teams fell short of the 217.5-point over/under after combining to score 207.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/4/2021||Lakers||Lakers||-5||217.5||-197||161||Regular Season||114-93 LAL|
- In Los Angeles’ matchups this season, the Lakers and their opponents have eclipsed Sunday’s point total of 216 points 17 times (63% of opportunities).
- In 19 out of Denver’s 25 games this season (76%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the total in Sunday’s matchup.
- On average, the Lakers have seen a 218.4 over/under in their games this season, 2.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 10.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Nuggets’ games this season (226.5 points).
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 5.9 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (114.9 implied points on average compared to 109 implied points in this game).
- Los Angeles has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (109) 19 times this season.
- The Nuggets’ average implied point total on the season (113.7 points) is 6.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- Denver has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 21 times this season.
- The Lakers are at the 13th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.2 PPG), while the Nuggets allow the 11th-fewest points per game (111.2) in the league.
- The Lakers have totaled 215 more points than their opponents this season (eight per game on average), and the Nuggets have scored 100 more points than their opponents (four per game).
- James leads the Lakers in scoring (25.6 points per game) and assisting (7.9 assists per game).
- James’ assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 8.5 assists, 0.6 greater than his season average of 7.9.
- Anthony Davis paces Los Angeles with 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 35.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 34.5.
- The Lakers are led by James from beyond the arc. He knocks down 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Davis racks up 1.5 steals and 1.9 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Davis’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Jokic leads the Nuggets in all things points, rebounds and assists, racking up 26.7 points, 11.4 pulling down rebounds and dishing 8.6 assists per game.
- Jokic’s rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 11.5 rebounds, 0.1 rebounds higher than his season average of 11.4.
- Michael Porter Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Nuggets, averaging 2.3 treys per game.
- Porter’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 2.3.
- Denver’s Jokic has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.6 per game and Porter is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Porter’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from